Author Topic: Speaker Optrions  (Read 511 times)

Offline Jack

• Certifiable
Re: Speaker Optrions
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2021, 08:08:12 PM »
A new pair of Vandersteen 2CE Sig III's would be a great choice fitting both your stated preference to avoid hyper detail and would be driven easily by your tube amp.  I drove a pair of earlier 2CE Sigs easily with the Music Reference RM-10. Were it me I would ignore the constant naysayers who seem to have a lot of opinions but no suggestions or options.  As for "vintage speakers", the best of the bunch are well over priced in todays market and wouldn't be a match for your gear anyway. 
JVC QL-Y7 w/ Denon DL-301 Mk II
Vista Phono II
Nuprime CDT-8
Supratek Chardonnay
Kinki Studio EX-M7
Holo Audio May KTE
Auralic Aries G1
Verity Otello
(2) Rythmik F12SE
TWL PC's, USB, SC
Audio Envy IC's, PC's
PSA Stellar P3
Uberbuss

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2021, 08:15:16 PM »
Oops, Ok so I ended up with the Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grand. Very good speaker that is NOT IN YOUR FACE. Its laid back easy listening. Allows me to work stress free on my own speakers.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Vienn Acoustics BBG,  Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2022, 01:29:32 PM »
  Then I found the Scanspeak  D2905-9500 and it changed my life... for a while  :D

Yup - a great tweeter 20 years ago. Can certainly still hold its own. I had the 9300 in a pair of speakers and loved the sound from it.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.