Author Topic: Most Popular Albums 1950 through 2020  (Read 3507 times)

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Most Popular Albums 1950 through 2020
« on: September 01, 2021, 10:26:23 AM »
This is an interesting article from Discogs identifying the most popular album each year fro m 1950 through 2020.

The basis for the rankings is the number of people who list each album among the folks that track their record collections. So this list is more correctly the most collected records from each year as of now, not really what was the most popular in at the time during each year.

But that aside it is still a fun read.

https://blog.discogs.com/en/most-popular-albums-released-every-year-1950-2020/?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=discogs&utm_campaign=Culture_2021_08_30
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Most Popular Albums 1950 through 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 10:47:19 AM »
 Tom thanks. Maybe you could send out to our Club.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 12:39:58 PM »
This is an interesting article from Discogs identifying the most popular album each year fro m 1950 through 2020.

The basis for the rankings is the number of people who list each album among the folks that track their record collections. So this list is more correctly the most collected records from each year as of now, not really what was the most popular in at the time during each year.

But that aside it is still a fun read.

https://blog.discogs.com/en/most-popular-albums-released-every-year-1950-2020/?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=discogs&utm_campaign=Culture_2021_08_30

A fascinating look and quick walk down nostalgia lane. For me, there’s a huge disconnect once I get to the 1990s. The Beatles sure dominated the ‘60s…
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline S Clark

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 05:18:58 PM »
My disconnect starts in the 80's.  I was still buying pop music, but nothing metal. Who said metal is Led Zep played twice as fast and half as good? The 90's? I have none of the albums and couldn't tell you a single song from them.  My stretch of non involvement goes from Brothers in Arms to Back to Black... although my wife bought the Adele album.  My listening is more Kenny Drew to Art Pepper to Rimsky-Korsakov.  Yep, at 69 the stuff on the radio doesn't interest me (including my wife's "classic rock" stations)... although my daughter knows my taste well enough to occasionally recommend something.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 05:20:46 PM by S Clark »
Speaker-GR Research LS9-XStatik-AltecFlamenco
Amp-Moscode,Dodd,Folsom
Pre-Dodd
Turntable-Vyger,Victor,TechnicSP10MK2
Phonopre-Hagermann,Jolida,GSlee   
Cable-AudioSensibility Wywires TWL
Cartridge-Dynavector,Sumiko
Tonearm-PioneerP3,Jelco
Rythmic sub