Systemic Development > Psycho-Acoustics

Throneroom Acoustics

(1/1)

richidoo:
I was playing around while sitting on the throne. The separate throneroom in the master bathroom is about 3x6x8. I usually whistle all the time, and I noticed a resonance on one of the notes I was whistling. So I found the exact freq and listened to it ring with short whistle impulses at that freq. Interesting tone, interesting overtones, I thought, maybe those are the other room dimensions singing along. So I lowered the pitch of my whistle until I found the next largest resonance. Sure enough at an exact frequency it rang like a bell, for a good 2 seconds after the impulse. A little higher or lower pitch and it would not ring. Then I went lower to find the room height slap echo mode, easy to find, rang true. No towels or rugs in there just 6 hard walls and a toilet. I am easily entertained.

sleepyguy24:
Pretty funny,

If you could only check out SG Custom Sound. In Scott's shop he has a toilet with speakers built in.

I can't find a picture of the front but it does exist. Here is a small picture.

In the throneroom the previous owner of our house put in JBL ceiling speakers in the ceiling and they have been ok.

rollo:
  Richidoo if you eat some baked beans one can add bass notes.

charles

Werd:
I just put a pretty pricey paradigm ceiling speaker by my throne in the throne room.

richidoo:

--- Quote from: rollo on March 21, 2015, 07:30:50 AM ---  Richidoo if you eat some baked beans one can add bass notes.

charles
--- End quote ---

:lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version