Systemic Development > Psycho-Acoustics

Chess Anyone?

(1/4) > >>

Werd:
Here is a lil tweak that I can't believe isn't picked up by the room treatment manufactures. Why are all treatments based on on a vertical array of diffraction?

This chess board which sits in a horizontal plane in the soundstage, It adds focus combined with added clear treble. The good treble not bad. It excites the sound stage.

Gambit openings sound best  :)

Add pic later

Werd:

sleepyguy24:
Please don't laugh but I was wondering if the Chess board is acting as a damper and the pieces are acting as a diffusor?

I keep thinking the board is acting like a ceiling diffusor just sitting on top of the amp just facing up rather than down.

What happens when you remove the pieces on the board or change the pieces on the board? Was there a change in sound? Do you have different boards that have different weight or materials and  is there a difference in sound?

This reminds me of a discussion I had with an older audiophile who told me there was a reviewer who found that their CDs put horizontally vs vertically in their rack and heard a sonic difference in their system. It was some kind of wall diffusor I thought.

tmazz:
The ultimate dichotomy will be when we determine that the listener's actual presence in the room degrades the sound.  :duh  :rofl:

(If a CD falls in the woods.........)

Werd:
It's breaking it up some how but I don't thinking dampening, IDK though. Anyone with a decent sized wooden chess board should this and let me know if I am crazy or not.  Chess boards atop of racks on unused shelves would be beneficial imo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version