Author Topic: The New AudioSyndrome  (Read 7542 times)

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
The New AudioSyndrome
« on: November 16, 2021, 07:31:16 AM »
  There have been some changes and all for the good. We are open to new members as the Administration has changed. When all feel OK with in person meetings again we will resume such.
  With CAF, VPI meetings etc going on it is time to meet again in person. AudioSyndrome is a third Friday of the month meeting Club. We meet at a members home to shoot the audio shit and listen to Hosts system. We have new gear to check out as several members are in the business. Food and drink as well. A fun time. To date we have 22 members and growing. Come join the fun Dues are $40 a year.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

Re: The New AudioSyndrome
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 12:26:12 PM »
  Some new members aboard. Still growing after 40+ years.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 07:49:28 PM »
Sorry you feel that way.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 10:31:30 AM by rollo »

Offline rollo

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 11:38:51 AM »
the club is dead.

To you maybe it is.  We still have 26 members and growing. We are expecting to start in person meetings in Feb. 2022. Hope you change your mind.

charles
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 10:25:23 AM by rollo »

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 12:42:53 AM »
Dave. Done.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 10:32:04 AM by rollo »

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 10:06:33 AM »
WRONG! I was not banished, I was suspended only for 1 season for revealing the trust about the C__t Steve R. I have not blown anything. All the club officers and even some board members have quit so the club is dead unless some people try to resurrect it yet with Covid still a major problem, forget about meetings.
Please take this off forum.  We've had enough of this.  🤯
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2021, 01:55:57 PM »
WRONG! I was not banished, I was suspended only for 1 season for revealing the trust about the C__t Steve R. I have not blown anything. All the club officers and even some board members have quit so the club is dead unless some people try to resurrect it yet with Covid still a major problem, forget about meetings.
Please take this off forum.  We've had enough of this.  🤯

Agreed.
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 10:23:52 AM »

Paul this is not the place for this conversation. Pm me if you have further negative comments. Not helpful to the Club which I know you respect. Members some members Meh , I get it. The remaining Members want the Club to continue after the shakeup. All warranted and set to move forward. Thanks for your understanding. I modified my post. :thumb:

charles

Offline goldlizsts

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Let Music Pass!
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2022, 05:24:43 PM »
Mr Rollo,

I am not a member of the Syndrome, but would like to chime in.  Perhaps we should say - Our generation of "audiophiles, or audio fanatics" is nearing the end of its run. You can't deny the trend - even postings here are rarer, and club meetings are are (Don't blame the pandemic, as it's only coincidental that it came in as we're on the down slope!).  If and when the pandemic goes out, I still would like to come around to the meetings, to see old faces..... :drool:

Shek

Offline rollo

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2022, 10:33:15 AM »
We stay positive. Still kicking.

charles

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2022, 03:42:03 PM »
Mr Rollo,

I am not a member of the Syndrome, but would like to chime in.  Perhaps we should say - Our generation of "audiophiles, or audio fanatics" is nearing the end of its run. You can't deny the trend - even postings here are rarer, and club meetings are are (Don't blame the pandemic, as it's only coincidental that it came in as we're on the down slope!).  If and when the pandemic goes out, I still would like to come around to the meetings, to see old faces..... :drool:

Shek

I think much of the lack of forum traffic has more to do with changes in social media habits than the slowing of Audiophilia as a hobby.
Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc. are brimming with Audiophile groups and subject matter, pulling traffic from our old favorites like here ;)
I think CoViD has had a big influence on the slowing of personal gatherings of more than a couple of people. Well, it has for me anyway...
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline ejk

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2022, 01:09:49 AM »
Mr Rollo,

Shek

I think much of the lack of forum traffic has more to do with changes in social media habits than the slowing of Audiophilia as a hobby.
Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc. are brimming with Audiophile groups and subject matter, pulling traffic from our old favorites like here ;)
I think CoViD has had a big influence on the slowing of personal gatherings of more than a couple of people. Well, it has for me anyway...

The pictures should have kept coming over the years, but NO....... everyone dissed me :pics?: :p
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2022, 01:46:47 PM »
That's the Evan we all know. We miss you buddy.  :D
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2022, 03:47:16 PM »
The pictures should have kept coming over the years, but NO....... everyone dissed me :pics?: :p

PXL_20220110_203601796 by Barry, on Flickr
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2022, 08:45:31 PM »
I envy you guys.  My audio pals pretty much moved away, lost interest or have died.  Getting older sucks in that regard.  When Keith Kidder (inventor of the TransLam speaker construction method), Sheldon Stokes (quagesl.com) moved and Our mutual friend Ken Martinez passed, there were only a few hardcore guys left in Albuquerque.  Another died, one got married 😳 and that left only my best friend Greg.  It was a good thing when Brad Baker moved here, but COVID screwed that.

Someday, maybe...
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe