Author Topic: Fuses for dac  (Read 13467 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Fuses for dac
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2014, 11:03:12 AM »
All kinds of fuses needin pullin...  :rofl:

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2014, 11:50:15 AM »
FYI - I've deleted some posts here that were off topic and/or personal.  I have had numerous complaints about DaveC so I have sent him a letter asking him to find another forum to participate in because I don't think he's a good fit for our community.  I have removed his ability to post.
Thanks for continuing to keep AudioNervosa a community with high standards and respectful of others.
-Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline rpf

• Obsessively Audiophilic
System synergy
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2014, 09:11:41 AM »
Since the Fuse For DAC thread has been locked, I just wanted to second what Charles said about cable design and plating materials, which mirrors my experience.

"It is not one component of the cable design that makes or breaks it. The entire design and assembly of such is the key.
    Plating in general has a character all to its own. IME gold is warm, copper neutral, silver lean, rhodium bright. Now combining the characteristics of wire, dielectric and connectors makes a good marriage."

And share my latest synergy experience which is that, out of curiosity, I added a gold Hi-Fi Tuning fuse to my amp's mains while retaining the SR Reds on the four tubes and B+ rail. The result was a slight softening that ameliorated the slight forwardness and very slight hardness of the all SR configuration to a "perfect" blend of warmth, dynamics and resolution.

I am a very happy camper - for today, of course.  8)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 04:00:48 PM by rpf »
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2014, 12:33:35 PM »
Unlocked, and Rob's post moved in.  Thanks for everyone helping out in this thread.

Offline Werd

• Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2014, 04:11:41 PM »
really like these Hi-Fi tuning fuses for the BDA2. Better than the Furutech with this Wywires base cable (Blue I think) I am using.
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline Werd

• Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2014, 10:16:34 AM »
I'm just glad I got a system that has the resolution where I can hear fuses in the dac. Original fuse isn't a deal breaker but I like the Hifi tuning fuse. Think  I am going to try a generic type $5 cable. Into my dac.
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,