Author Topic: Triode Wire Labs at the 2022 Capital AudioFest!  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
Triode Wire Labs at the 2022 Capital AudioFest!
« on: November 07, 2022, 06:59:16 AM »
Please come, see and hear Triode Wire Labs at this week's Capital AudioFest, November 11-13 at the Rockville MD Hilton. More details here... https://www.capitalaudiofest.com

The Tres Hombres, Triode Wire Labs, BorderPatrol Audio and Volti Audio will be together again in Room 316 again with some great components to Enjoy and Have Fun!

Come join us for a libation of your choosing, either cold or at room temperature!

Here's a little video by yours truly on what to expect at Capital AudioFest this week!

https://youtu.be/WlI1el4lniA

Hope to see you in Room 316!

Cheers,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline GDHAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • All we need is music, sweet music
Re: Triode Wire Labs at the 2022 Capital AudioFest!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 07:28:43 AM »
Hi Pete. While I'm unable to attend in person, I shall be there in spirit. Your gear/setup is very, very good for sure. Having installed one of your cables (Spirit 75” S/PDIF Cable digital interconnect) in my system, I can certainly vouch for the quality, neutrality, etc. of your cables. I have some upgrade ideas in mind for my system, and part of that upgrade schema includes additional cabling from Triode Wire Labs. Just looking to part with my Emotiva ERC-3 CD player first.  8) :D :thumb: aa :beer:
GoldenEar Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
http://halr.x10.mx/other.html

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 08:47:38 AM »
Pete,
Have a great show!   :thumb:

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 11:27:49 AM »
Please come, see and hear Triode Wire Labs at this week's Capital AudioFest, November 11-13 at the Rockville MD Hilton. More details here... https://www.capitalaudiofest.com

The Tres Hombres, Triode Wire Labs, BorderPatrol Audio and Volti Audio will be together again in Room 316 again with some great components to Enjoy and Have Fun!

Come join us for a libation of your choosing, either cold or at room temperature!

Here's a little video by yours truly on what to expect at Capital AudioFest this week!

Cheers,
Pete
Have a great show and give my best to the Hombres!
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 09:38:13 AM »
Hi Pete. While I'm unable to attend in person, I shall be there in spirit. Your gear/setup is very, very good for sure. Having installed one of your cables (Spirit 75” S/PDIF Cable digital interconnect) in my system, I can certainly vouch for the quality, neutrality, etc. of your cables. I have some upgrade ideas in mind for my system, and part of that upgrade schema includes additional cabling from Triode Wire Labs. Just looking to part with my Emotiva ERC-3 CD player first.  8) :D :thumb: aa :beer:

Thanks, Hal!
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Innuos Statement Server
UberBUSS

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 09:38:59 AM »

Cheers,
Pete
Have a great show and give my best to the Hombres!

Will do, Brother! Thank you!!!
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Innuos Statement Server
UberBUSS

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 01:12:21 PM »

Cheers,
Pete

Great sound and free libations. What a bummer to be so far away 😞
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2022, 07:15:20 AM »
Some feedback from Stereophile's Ken Micallef... https://www.stereophile.com/content/borderpatrolvolti-audiotriode-wire-labs

BorderPatrol/Volti Audio/Triode Wire Labs

I have a theory about Greg Roberts, Gary Dews, and Pete Grzybowski, respective owners of Volti Audio, BorderPatrol Audio Electronics, and Triode Wire Labs. I knew guys like these three in high school, whip smart dudes who had the best music, stayed up late playing that music, but were somehow at school the next morning before anyone, pushing their grades to the max. Me? Slacker.
That's why the Three Volti Musketeers always play music loudly, pre and post show hours, checking the rig, always experimenting. I can attest to this phenomena, as I was up early and late, researching room coverage. Wait, those guys are still in there?!!

Roberts debuted his new Rival loudspeaker ($15,000–$21,500/pair), with revised crossover, revoiced cabinet, modified internal damping and bracing, and a retuned port.

The Big Three played fine music, including Dominique Fils Aimé, Van Morrison, Norah Jones, and Uncle Lucius. As always with Roberts, Dews, and "Triode Pete," the sound was transparent, open, rich, and deeply immersive.

Warren Potter, from Hamilton, Ontario, CA said "for a 2"-wide horn, these speakers are smooth, not horny. And even off-axis I'm getting great imaging."

Driving the new Rivals: BorderPatrol DAC SE-1 DAC (USB: $1525; S/PDIF-coax: $1525; USB+S/PDIF-coax: $1995), BorderPatrol 16Wpc SET 300B S20EXD power amplifier (from $19,995 excluding tubes; with Western Electric 300Bs: $1495/pair; price as shown: $23,485). Triode Wire Labs cabling included The Obsession power cables ($1499), Digital American power cables ($499), American Speaker Cables ($699/pair), Spirit II RCA interconnects ($399/pair), Freedom ethernet digital cables ($249), Passion USB cables ($329).

Thanks Ken!

Cheers,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Innuos Statement Server
UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2022, 09:15:15 AM »
 Sweet

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2022, 10:49:24 AM »
Some feedback from Stereophile's Ken Micallef... https://www.stereophile.com/content/borderpatrolvolti-audiotriode-wire-labs

I have a theory about Greg Roberts, Gary Dews, and Pete Grzybowski, respective owners of Volti Audio, BorderPatrol Audio Electronics, and Triode Wire Labs. I knew guys like these three in high school, whip smart dudes who had the best music, stayed up late playing that music, but were somehow at school the next morning before anyone, pushing their grades to the max. Me? Slacker.
That's why the Three Volti Musketeers always play music loudly, pre and post show hours, checking the rig, always experimenting. I can attest to this phenomena, as I was up early and late, researching room coverage. Wait, those guys are still in there?!!

Roberts debuted his new Rival loudspeaker ($15,000–$21,500/pair), with revised crossover, revoiced cabinet, modified internal damping and bracing, and a retuned port.

The Big Three played fine music, including Dominique Fils Aimé, Van Morrison, Norah Jones, and Uncle Lucius. As always with Roberts, Dews, and "Triode Pete," the sound was transparent, open, rich, and deeply immersive.

Warren Potter, from Hamilton, Ontario, CA said "for a 2"-wide horn, these speakers are smooth, not horny. And even off-axis I'm getting great imaging."

Driving the new Rivals: BorderPatrol DAC SE-1 DAC (USB: $1525; S/PDIF-coax: $1525; USB+S/PDIF-coax: $1995), BorderPatrol 16Wpc SET 300B S20EXD power amplifier (from $19,995 excluding tubes; with Western Electric 300Bs: $1495/pair; price as shown: $23,485). Triode Wire Labs cabling included  :thumb:The Obsession power cables ($1499), Digital American power cables ($499), American Speaker Cables ($699/pair), Spirit II RCA interconnects ($399/pair), Freedom ethernet digital cables ($249), Passion USB cables ($329).

Thanks Ken!

Cheers,
Pete

Great article. It’s on my wish list to hear that combination some day

JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2022, 11:01:14 AM »

Driving the new Rivals: BorderPatrol DAC SE-1 DAC (USB: $1525; S/PDIF-coax: $1525; USB+S/PDIF-coax: $1995), BorderPatrol 16Wpc SET 300B S20EXD power amplifier (from $19,995 excluding tubes; with Western Electric 300Bs: $1495/pair; price as shown: $23,485). Triode Wire Labs cabling included  :thumb:The Obsession power cables ($1499), Digital American power cables ($499), American Speaker Cables ($699/pair), Spirit II RCA interconnects ($399/pair), Freedom ethernet digital cables ($249), Passion USB cables ($329).

Thanks Ken!

Cheers,
Pete

Their shows are alway special.   Their gear works so incredibly well together to make music come alive!
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2022, 06:17:46 PM »

Thanks Ken!

Cheers,
Pete

Their shows are alway special.   Their gear works so incredibly well together to make music come alive!

I’m very fortunate to have a synergistic system right now :)
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2022, 12:45:00 PM »
For the last day of the show, we switched over to The Razz, dyed Crimson Red!

Cheers,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Innuos Statement Server
UberBUSS

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2022, 08:41:59 AM »
Some additional feedback from Michael Lavorgna's Twittering Machines!... https://twitteringmachines.com/caf-highlights-2022-border-patrol-volti-audio-triode-wire-labs/

CAF 2022 Highlights: Border Patrol | Volti Audio | Triode Wire Labs

No trip to CAF is complete without a stop in the Border Patrol/Volti Audio/Triode Wire Labs room-orama.

During my visit, the Volti Audio Razz speakers (starts at $6500/pair), a three-way, hybrid horn/bass-reflex loudspeaker, were in play mated to the the Border Patrol S20EXD 16W/ch parallel single-ended 300B Power Amplifier (from $19,995 w/o tubes) and the company’s DAC SE-i (starts at $1525 see review) getting its bits from an Innous Zenith ZENith Mk3 (starts at $5399) and Phoenix USB reclocker ($3749) combo with cabling from Triode Wire Labs.

Rich, immediate, and just plain fun are the order of the day in the Border Patrol/Volti Audio/Triode Wire Labs room-orama.

Thanks Michael!
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Innuos Statement Server
UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2022, 11:38:05 AM »
  Innuos is what I am using as well. Zenith mk3 and re-clocker. Great choice.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.