Author Topic: Audio Envy cables  (Read 16678 times)

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Audio Envy cables
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2020, 11:26:16 AM »
Just ordered two more sets of IC's. :D Contemplating the SC's. With all my amps, it's an investment to replace all the PC's. I'll do this in stages so to see the various changes. I've always put cables on the back burner but now I'm a believer.

I needed 5 power cords for my setup. Iirc, Cap told me the affect of adding pc’s was cumulative, and indeed when I added the 3rd one, there was a more noticeable improvement. If you use a power conditioner, Cap offers a different power cord. You can ask him about it.
Yes, as Charles also said, the latest SP 9 speaker cables are very good as well.
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rajacat

• Seeking Help
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2020, 06:01:41 PM »
AE IC to the Blue Jeans on my DAC is like comparing a fine audio product to the proverbial coat hanger. I'm ordering two pairs of SC's tonight. Maybe I'll end up with a full loom.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2020, 07:59:58 PM »
AE IC to the Blue Jeans on my DAC is like comparing a fine audio product to the proverbial coat hanger. I'm ordering two pairs of SC's tonight. Maybe I'll end up with a full loom.

I’m very pleased I got the full loom and it’s the first time ever (in over 30 years) that I’ve done so. Sequentially, I believe I did the power cords first, then the SC, then the IC’s and last the digital cable.
In all the reviews/comments I read on the AE cables, there was one neutral comment on the digital. So I left that one for last and I wasn’t disappointed. It was as excellent as the others  :thumb:
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rajacat

• Seeking Help
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2020, 02:26:13 AM »
I didn't get the digital cable because I do USB from laptop via Uptone Regen to DAC. I'm using RCA IC from DAC to passive pre.

Offline rajacat

• Seeking Help
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2020, 03:56:24 PM »
Just ordered 3 pairs AE power cables. I'm keeping one DIY cable for my DAC since I built it from very good materials and it sounds good too. It's good to see a small domestic company set roots and grow. :thumb:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 04:03:32 PM by rajacat »

Offline rajacat

• Seeking Help
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2020, 06:39:15 PM »
I've revised my preference a bit. I switched the AE IC from the DAC to my Sets and I definitely prefer this configuration. I drool in anticipation of receiving  2 more RCA IC's, 3) power cords and 2) SP9 SC,s. I also ordered a set of speaker posts. Captain, we had a phone conversation, said that they're a minimalist design so I suppose they're similar to the ones offered by  gr research if not the same.

...Royal
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 06:56:50 PM by rajacat »

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2020, 09:38:56 PM »
I've revised my preference a bit. I switched the AE IC from the DAC to my Sets and I definitely prefer this configuration. I drool in anticipation of receiving  2 more RCA IC's, 3) power cords and 2) SP9 SC,s. I also ordered a set of speaker posts. Captain, we had a phone conversation, said that they're a minimalist design so I suppose they're similar to the ones offered by  gr research if not the same.

...Royal

Didn’t know Cap offered speaker posts. He’s meticulous with R & D and it’s great that he’s doing well.
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rajacat

• Seeking Help
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2020, 07:43:15 AM »

...Royais h

Didn’t know Cap offered speaker posts. He’s meticulous with R & D and it’s great that he’s doing well.

He doesn't sell posts presently but had an extra pair on hand that would help with my unique setup. I'm still surprised how just moving the AE IC from the DAC/pre to SET/pre position dramatically changed the sound for the positive . Those compression driver are very sensitive. I have a lot to learn.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 08:06:47 AM by rajacat »

Offline rajacat

• Seeking Help
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2020, 12:18:59 PM »
I decided not to purchase the speaker posts.
I'm now awaiting a shipment of 2 pr.-Ocean Elite IC's, 2prs. - SP9 SC's and 3 powercords. :drool: Just the one IC already installed made a substantial difference but my present cables set a low bar for improvement. I'm not sure of what sequence to install the rest of the cables in order to most clearly hear the incremental changes.
Maybe I should install them all immediately so that I can get past the burn in process ASAP?.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2020, 12:49:16 PM »
I decided not to purchase the speaker posts.
I'm now awaiting a shipment of 2 pr.-Ocean Elite IC's, 2prs. - SP9 SC's and 3 powercords. :drool: Just the one IC already installed made a substantial difference but my present cables set a low bar for improvement. I'm not sure of what sequence to install the rest of the cables in order to most clearly hear the incremental changes.
Maybe I should install them all immediately so that I can get past the burn in process ASAP?.

Probably best to install all immediately and keep track of the hours. I have the Hagerman burn in devices, so it was easy for me to put on 3 days and hear the progress for each cable.
I don’t know what Cap recommends on burn in hours.
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rajacat

• Seeking Help
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2020, 02:06:13 PM »
It must be nice having having the Hagerman.
To confuse the situation, I'm also burning in (~100 hrs.) a pair of the new, reasonably priced, Dueland .01 silver bypass caps in my DAC. They're bypassing the new superb Vcap ODAM's (~200 hrs.). It certainly nice getting almost a full loom for under 1.5K . I also bought an usb cable from hometheatherdoc. A full loom of $400 ea cables was never in my budget. I have several other expensive avocations that continually deplete my budget .

In addition, I have a new SET which is very sensitive to cables as I've discovered. Also, having 110db compression drivers brings out very good details and texture. IMO although I'm not a detail hound, I like to have it in the quiver, to provide a base for the texture. Another thing, I'm running DSD256 and it seems both smoother and more detailed than 44.1. IMO DSD sounds more analog.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 06:47:18 PM by rajacat »

Offline rajacat

• Seeking Help
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2020, 01:39:09 PM »
The remainder of my loom arrived this morning. :D Two sp9 SC's and three power cords.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2020, 04:20:00 PM »
The remainder of my loom arrived this morning. :D Two sp9 SC's and three power cords.

Great news, Roy! Cap got that done quickly  :thumb:  I’ll be awaiting your comments
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 08:57:07 PM by Nick B »
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rajacat

• Seeking Help
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2020, 06:56:33 PM »

Great news, Roy! Cap got that done quickly  :thumb I’ll be awaiting your comments
Cap and I had a great discussion about his cables. He's very serious and detail oriented. He has a patent pending.

Offline rajacat

• Seeking Help
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2020, 11:49:39 AM »
About 12 hours on the PC's. More clarity and quietness  overall. Better sense of space.  Not quite the dramatic change as with the IC's probably because they're starting at a higher bar. I can't wait any longer so the SC's go in today.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 12:04:53 PM by rajacat »