Author Topic: Really Enjoying My New Toys - Apple TV / Dac Magic  (Read 2686 times)

Offline chrisa

• Seeking Help
Really Enjoying My New Toys - Apple TV / Dac Magic
« on: November 12, 2010, 02:33:59 PM »
I've spent the last month or so loading all my music into the ATV, then adding a Cambridge Audio Dac Magic, and just this week a Wireworld Supernova 6 toslink cable to join them. To utilize the HDMI signal from the ATV, I also replaced my old computer 17" CRT with a glossy hp 21" monitor that looks just great. The display senses which signal is active (HDMI or DVI from the PC). Internet videos and vacation picture slideshows look just great.

Its sounding really good (though a bit different than my CD players), and (for me at least) the cool factor is pegging the scale.

I also found the Liberty radio station. With good beer in hand, I couldn't be much happier.

Chris

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Really Enjoying My New Toys - Apple TV / Dac Magic
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 03:09:13 PM »
Chris, sounds like you have moved firmly into the 21st century.... with style!   8)

I'd like to hear the DAC Magic sometime. Are you ripping CDs into the ATV? I guess it must have a hard drive?

Offline chrisa

• Seeking Help
Re: Really Enjoying My New Toys - Apple TV / Dac Magic
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 04:27:25 PM »
Yes. This is the 160 gb version that was just discontinued. Ripped my CD's to Apple lossless.