Author Topic: Omega Mikro Active PC  (Read 14962 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Omega Mikro Active PC
« on: October 23, 2007, 07:27:02 AM »
  Well there are so many good cords out there its getting difficult to choose. Yes economics plays a role but if you have the scratch you owe it to yourself and system to give these babies a spin. To date we have put the following cords up against the OM for the front end and amps.
1. ESP
2. Kimber Palladium
3. Shunyata Anaconda
4. Cardas
5. Sitech G5
6. PS Audio Statement
7. Nordst Valhalla
8. Topgun
9. Synergestic Research
10. Neotech
11. homemade too many

Each cord had its singnature with the Omega having the least. Just more there with a natural presentation. Yes each cable had its strenghs but overall the Omega came out on top. Give it a try you may be very surprised as to the results. Tried to get a Black Sand Statement but no response to date.

rollo   

PS Not affiliated with Mapleshade
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 07:13:32 AM by rollo »
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
Re: Omega Mikro Active PC
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 06:53:21 AM »
  The beat goes on. Powercords up the ying yang. As we have seen there are many ways to skin the cat. Some have active shielding, some not, some use ribbon conductors others not, some multiple types of conductors, we have silver, copper, alloys, alum, rhodium and so on. There appears to be no standards to go by. Some have soldered connections others crimped, exotic plugs and IECs, various winding theories. Yes the beat goes on.
    Is is it low capacitance ? low inductance ? High low what already. Is one theory better than the other ? how does one choose a powercord ? Are they to be matched with capt, induct, impedance of the unit connected too ? Why do cords sound different with different components ? Are cords offered by component manfs designed to mate with their line [ Bryston or Classe ]. If so what do they look for ?
   For me in the end its simple no need to know why, if the new cord sounds better to me it stays if not on to the next. So far in MY SYSTEM and other club members [ Audiosyndrome ] the Omega actives have yet to be beat especially with the front end. Try one you may be quite surprised. Pricey which you gents know IS NOT my thing but IMO worth every penny.    Any opinions ? 

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 07:22:47 AM »
http://www.omegamikro.com/

The catalog blurb is mighty impressive.  Are they delicate? 

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 05:43:28 AM »
http://www.omegamikro.com/

The catalog blurb is mighty impressive.  Are they delicate? 

Not really, just cannot step on them. House pets such as cats may be a problem as the outer mesh shielding might be inviting.
  I tell ya Richadoo the reccos they make should be taken with a grain of salt. I scoffed at the free tips at first until I experimented with them . Some worked well others not so well. However the background of the founders in military and NASA work for the gov't and finally HEARING a complete Mapleshade system sold me hook line and sinker. They make their own caps using a ebony core, resistors so small they are made under a microscope. Their amps are made from satellite transmitters [ 15W SE ] . A resistor based passive pre, a DAC [ new] that is just too good to be true. The speakers used were modified Gallo Nucleus. They removed the crossover and used transformers instead, all ribbon wire and a few other  tricks that I cannot reveal.
  In a nutshell they are very good at what they do. Science first then extensive listening and measurements. Its NOT hype its the real deal in spades. Their digital cable [ active] is still king of the hill IMO and quite a few others. Not inexpensive but once in it will be very hard to let it go.
   When you come up to NY I can arrange a listen of a full Mapleshade system as one of our club members owns one. Bring an extra pair of underwear just in case. :rofl:

charles

Offline richidoo

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 06:14:24 AM »
It's nice to see you writing happy throughts about ebony again rollo! haha

I like reading the catalog. It makes me proud to be an wacky audiophile. Makes me want to earn more money. I have not yet bought anything from them, but I have heard the recordings, some are awesome.
Thanks
Rich

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 06:55:16 AM »
It's nice to see you writing happy thoughts about ebony again rollo! haha

I like reading the catalog. It makes me proud to be an wacky audiophile. Makes me want to earn more money. I have not yet bought anything from them, but I have heard the recordings, some are awesome.
Thanks
Rich

Funny you should say that. I'm still getting emails about Promitheus mods to the TVC. Which I respond to. Why not the Nervosa will never die. My favorite mod is the one where you put it in the closet and forget about it. Kidding aside just a flash in the pan. VG product poor customer service. A shame really IMO.
  Not all lost though cause I found that Ebony at 3/8" the. is great for dampening trannies. Besides I'm actually honored that my ideas were used. Now water under the bridge.

charles

Offline richidoo

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 07:09:24 AM »
Now water under the bridge.

Of course... it will never change. Best to start your own thing and have total freedom to make your own mistakes... haha

I like the closet tweak. I need to try that.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 07:11:21 AM »
Now water under the bridge.

Of course... it will never change. Best to start your own thing and have total freedom to make your own mistakes... haha

I like the closet tweak. I need to try that.

Works really well with SS gear.  :rofl:

charles

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 06:50:40 AM »
Well the Omega may have met its match. Yes the Virtual Reality cords are the real deal in spades. For under $600 well worth a try.

charles