Author Topic: Silver vs. Violet  (Read 34989 times)

Double Ugly

Black Sand Cables
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2007, 09:31:18 AM »
Quote from: "NotoriousBIG_PJ"
Any comparisons between the bass performance  for the  silver reference and the statement one?

Thanks,

Biggie.
Sorry Biggie... didn't notice your post till now.

In the short time I spent comparing the two, I didn't notice any  change in bass performance.  If any differences become evident during during the current evaluation, I'll be sure to post.

-Jim

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Black Sand Cables
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2007, 10:16:03 AM »
I didn't notice 'more' anything just 'better' everything.  I noticed an improvement in PRaT first.... and the instrument separation got a little better... and the details in the music seemed a bit more distinct... and one little thing after another just added up... It's kind of hard to describe the differences... It was enough to move me to buying it, though.

It's been to Gregg Straley and now is in Lonewolf's hands... hopefully we'll hear more from them.

-Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.

lonewolfny42

Black Sand Cables
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2007, 06:23:15 PM »
Thank you Carl for the loan of your BSC Statement One. I did compare the S1 to the BSC Silver Ref. mkV . And I'd have to agree with your statement...."I didn't notice 'more' anything just 'better' everything"....right. Little more detail...smooth sound...worked well. I kept it simple....a cdp - amp - speakers....this way I could hear the difference.
Both are very good power cords....I'd say some of the best around....well worth trying in one's system. Thanks again Carl....watch the mail, its on it's way back. :beer:

Chris

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Black Sand Cables
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2007, 07:29:58 PM »
I'm glad you enjoyed it, Chris.  I hope to add another sometime in the future... I'd like to have the S1 on the preamp as well.  For now it'll be the amp's ether. ;)

I'll let you know when it arrives.

-Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.