Systemic Development > Speakers

Mine!

(1/3) > >>

shep:
All you raving OB people, move over and make room for the rest of us!
So I have these purty transmission lines from holland (guaranteed to be the only ones in the whole of southern France!) They are the best speakers I have ever owned. Well that doesn't tell you much... the past includes two Maggies (equals 4) pro-ac sig 1, Ruark Broadsword, various in-betweens. These little beauties wipe the floor with all the above in every dept. I've never had TL's before and would welcome your fund of knowledge. Like what are the downsides and the ups? I cannot credit the amount of bass I get from tiny drivers. I don't know how they can handle mid and bass info. at the same time without getting confused and falling apart but they do.  Here they are, the steal of the century for 600$, including shipping in wooden crates. They have taken some 200 hours to break in. http://www.crafty.nl/. It's Dutch to you but the rest should be self-explanatory to old hands..

miklorsmith:
Nice!  I've been curious about transmission lines for a while.  Bob Brines uses a burly Fostex 8" single driver that supposedly goes strongly down to 30 hz using this alignment!  He uses the Martin King design software and supposedly the final result performs way above the price point, which I'm pretty sure is under $1,000 usd.

Another big splash where folks are asking "where's the sub" is the Acoustic Zen Adagio.  These are the new Gallo Ref. 3's in the publicity department.  My buddy has a newly arrived pair but can't listen to them because his source is out for repairs.  ARRRGGHHH.  There's an audiophile nightmare if ever there was one.

I'm excited to hear the Adagios, glad you love yours.

Mine are the fully sealed Zu Definition Pros.  I love 'em and they're not going anywhere!

Outcast:

--- Quote from: "shep" ---All you raving OB people, move over and make room for the rest of us!
So I have these purty transmission lines from holland (guaranteed to be the only ones in the whole of southern France!) They are the best speakers I have ever owned. Well that doesn't tell you much... the past includes two Maggies (equals 4) pro-ac sig 1, Ruark Broadsword, various in-betweens. These little beauties wipe the floor with all the above in every dept. I've never had TL's before and would welcome your fund of knowledge. Like what are the downsides and the ups? I cannot credit the amount of bass I get from tiny drivers. I don't know how they can handle mid and bass info. at the same time without getting confused and falling apart but they do.  Here they are, the steal of the century for 600$, including shipping in wooden crates. They have taken some 200 hours to break in. http://www.crafty.nl/. It's Dutch to you but the rest should be self-explanatory to old hands..
--- End quote ---

Is the model you own the Azumi (2W, 1st order series XO, 4Khz, TL, Heimholtz resonator)?

Merci,

Bruno

WEEZ:
shep,

Those look like real fine speakers. I've been trying to figure out what they would cost in U.S. $'s......

WEEZ

mgalusha:
Weez it looks like they are 499 Euros, according to xe.com that's $645 US plus shipping, which I'm guessing would be a lot unless you could find a US distributor. I agree, they look like very interesting speakers.

Shep, I see they have posted your review, very nice.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version