Author Topic: New member - deciBill  (Read 3975 times)

Offline deciBill

New member - deciBill
« on: May 04, 2019, 12:50:04 PM »
Hello,

My background is one that has always been involved with music, sound, and technology. I am interested in the music arts and the science of sound. I will attempt to keep my story brief.
My obsession with the science of sound began with an electric guitar and the amplifier - modifying guitar pick-ups coils, and amp electronics. I had an Akai 4 track reel-to-reel 15" ips which was an amazing recorder. Interest in recording sound nearly landed me in a recording school, but the wiser me opted for an EE degree.

Instead of starting a career at IBM, I desired for a career relevant to the pro audio industry. A short stint at A&R Studios in NYC led me to a tech position with Neve Inc. in the early 1980s. From there I was a product engineer with the North America importer of Mitsubishi pro audio and the first digital multi-track tape machines.
The pro recording studio world led me to technical support positions with several SoCal audio/video post production studio operations.
Simultaneous with audio, was my work with private government contractors in communication facilities design and construction.
I offered engineering support to a start-up biomedical products company as well in the '90s.

Biomedical engineering experiences and contacts led me to develop designs addressing the quality of electrical environments from the perspective of wellness / health and to those concerned with the quality of audio, i.e. audiophiles.

I am the founder of Quantum Products and QRT (Quantum Resonant Technology) which initially formed as Quantum Life Products. Coherence Systems also started as an engineering services/support company mostly in the areas of pro audio/video/data commercial facilities. QRT developed a line of em field generators/harmonizers/power conditioners for the high end / pro audio markets. Quantum was bought by Nordost in 2008. Quantum Products as a business dissolved in 2012.

Now, I have re-entered the high end / pro audio market with a new brand name of em field conditioning products called ADD-Powr, manufactured by Coherence Systems. ADD is Algorithm Digital Defined.
I continue to explore the area of electrical environments from both the audio and health perspective. I believe that this is an area beginning to receive more attention from both high end manufacturers and consumers alike. (The pro audio / video world is slow and old as a dinosaur).

My audio system is modest and outdated - Arcam integrated amp, Arcam CD player, Art Audio DAC, Art Audio USB Interface, System Audio / Morel speakers, Olasonic speakers, Rega Planar 25 turntable and cartridge, Nordost Valhalla cabling, Nordost QRT QX4 power purifier, Nordost QRT QB8 power strip, Nordost QRT QV2 harmonizer, various Coherence Systems ADD-Powr em field accessories, and other emf "tweaks."

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Re: New member - deciBill
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 12:55:30 PM »
Let me DASH (Mitsubishi joke) to be the first to welcome you to the herd!

:thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline deciBill

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 07:38:11 PM »
Thanks, P.I.  :)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 10:09:16 PM »

Thanks, P.I.  :)
Yeah a Sony guy Back then.  Couldn’t afford a ProDigi... :?
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 07:40:39 AM »
Thanks for the write up and welcome aboard!
Nick B
Administrator
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Guy 13

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Audio should be simple !
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 05:17:46 PM »
Hello,

My background is one that has always been involved with music, sound, and technology. I am interested in the music arts and the science of sound. I will attempt to keep my story brief.
My obsession with the science of sound began with an electric guitar and the amplifier - modifying guitar pick-ups coils, and amp electronics. I had an Akai 4 track reel-to-reel 15" ips which was an amazing recorder. Interest in recording sound nearly landed me in a recording school, but the wiser me opted for an EE degree.

Instead of starting a career at IBM, I desired for a career relevant to the pro audio industry. A short stint at A&R Studios in NYC led me to a tech position with Neve Inc. in the early 1980s. From there I was a product engineer with the North America importer of Mitsubishi pro audio and the first digital multi-track tape machines.
The pro recording studio world led me to technical support positions with several SoCal audio/video post production studio operations.
Simultaneous with audio, was my work with private government contractors in communication facilities design and construction.
I offered engineering support to a start-up biomedical products company as well in the '90s.

Biomedical engineering experiences and contacts led me to develop designs addressing the quality of electrical environments from the perspective of wellness / health and to those concerned with the quality of audio, i.e. audiophiles.

I am the founder of Quantum Products and QRT (Quantum Resonant Technology) which initially formed as Quantum Life Products. Coherence Systems also started as an engineering services/support company mostly in the areas of pro audio/video/data commercial facilities. QRT developed a line of em field generators/harmonizers/power conditioners for the high end / pro audio markets. Quantum was bought by Nordost in 2008. Quantum Products as a business dissolved in 2012.

Now, I have re-entered the high end / pro audio market with a new brand name of em field conditioning products called ADD-Powr, manufactured by Coherence Systems. ADD is Algorithm Digital Defined.
I continue to explore the area of electrical environments from both the audio and health perspective. I believe that this is an area beginning to receive more attention from both high end manufacturers and consumers alike. (The pro audio / video world is slow and old as a dinosaur).

My audio system is modest and outdated - Arcam integrated amp, Arcam CD player, Art Audio DAC, Art Audio USB Interface, System Audio / Morel speakers, Olasonic speakers, Rega Planar 25 turntable and cartridge, Nordost Valhalla cabling, Nordost QRT QX4 power purifier, Nordost QRT QB8 power strip, Nordost QRT QV2 harmonizer, various Coherence Systems ADD-Powr em field accessories, and other emf "tweaks."

Welcome DeciBill.
Nice nickname you've got.

Guy 13
Grace Digital Mondo RIT
Cambridge Mini sub 2.1
Schiit Fulla 2 DAC
Schiit SYS PCC
Sony Passive Bookshelf speakers
Lot more stuff on storage
prior to moving back to Canada.