Author Topic: Tidal  (Read 3585 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Tidal
« on: November 01, 2019, 10:42:55 AM »
  OK so the old Dog started a trial with Tidal. For some odd reason I cannot get the "Master" sound from my DAC. Get it on my computer though. I use iPeng App on my iPad to control my Innuos server. I installed the App on myinnuos and it is working. However does not indicate 96.24bit as it should. Shows 44.1 on DAC. BTW by accident I downloaded the App several times to get the Master sound. Could it be that my iPad does not have same App ? Do I need to set up outside device or something.
HELP !!!

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Jack

• Certifiable
Re: Tidal
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 12:23:33 PM »
Check your Tidal streaming settings in the app.
JVC QL-Y7 w/ Denon DL-301 Mk II
Vista Phono II
Jays Audio CDT3 Mk III
Supratek Cabernet
Kinki Studio EX-B7's
Holo Audio May KTE
Auralic Aries G1
Verity Otello
(2) Rythmik F12SE
TWL PC's
Audio Envy IC, PC, SC
Inakustik USB, I2S
PSA Stellar P3
Uberbuss

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 02:45:57 PM »
Just a couple of things... You may need to contact Innuos if the settings in Tidal are correct. The good news is Tidal is popular, and Innuos should have some answers. I had a question about Tidal with the streamer I use, and it was easily resolved.
More good news- I only use the low end 9.99 Tidal, and it still sounds very good. At times, I'm surprised at how good...
At least try and enjoy the amazing amount of music available at your formerly nicotine stained fingertips via Tidal.
Jim
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 09:26:20 AM »
  Set Tidal to MASTER [ $20/month] quality which uses MQA. The Innuos Zenith mk3 server has MQA however when playing 96/24 from TIDAL my DAC shows 44.1 not 96/24. The DAC does not offer MQA so it appears hi rez only with MQA DAC. I have heard double DSD from stored files of server /DAC and it is wonderful. Would like stream  hi rez without MQA.
  Can I get hi rez with QoBuz without MQA ?

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Jack

• Certifiable
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 11:45:59 AM »
Yes and to me better sound from Redbook too.  You will need to sign up for Studio.
JVC QL-Y7 w/ Denon DL-301 Mk II
Vista Phono II
Jays Audio CDT3 Mk III
Supratek Cabernet
Kinki Studio EX-B7's
Holo Audio May KTE
Auralic Aries G1
Verity Otello
(2) Rythmik F12SE
TWL PC's
Audio Envy IC, PC, SC
Inakustik USB, I2S
PSA Stellar P3
Uberbuss

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 06:35:03 AM »
  Jack, Studio ? Is that Qobuz ? Thanks.  YES IT IS thank you Jack just signed up have not listened yet. Let ya guys know.

charles
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 06:52:04 AM by rollo »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 07:26:09 AM »
 OK been streaming and to my ears give me back my dedicated transport and 44.1 . Yes SOME hi-rez files from server offer equal sound but very few are recorded in true DSD. Not a fan of up-sampling recordings recorded non DSD or higher sampling rate. IMHO the format that did it better was DVD Audio but that is gone.

charles

Offline dBe

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 10:35:44 AM »
OK been streaming and to my ears give me back my dedicated transport and 44.1 . Yes SOME hi-rez files from server offer equal sound but very few are recorded in true DSD. Not a fan of up-sampling recordings recorded non DSD or higher sampling rate. IMHO the format that did it better was DVD Audio but that is gone.

charles
When it comes to upsampling a simple X2 to 88.2 or X4 to 176.8 is the way to go.  No complex algorithms to do interpolation.  My old hot rodded Rotel 991 CD player with the BB PCM63 DACs sounded amazing back in the day.  It would upsample to either 88.2 or 96 and had variable dither.  Quite a good buy back then. The Cary 306 that replaced it was really not any better.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2019, 07:06:34 AM »
OK dialed in Qobuz Studio Master correctly. Sounds VG. Dedicated transport however still King in my system. Lots of music to try out.

charl

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 01:01:48 PM »
  Absolutely loving streaming Qobuz. So much music to try. Now using a USB reclocker and sound improved dramatically. Still not the 44.1 King but native DSD recorded in DSD is the new King.

charles

Offline Bill O'Connell

• http://www.morningstaraudio.com
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2020, 02:20:26 PM »
Qobuz is the way to go.
 You might want to try a 30 day free trial of Euphony Stylus. It Sleighed Roon in my system
Bill O'Connell,
Retired /Morningstar Audio/Eastern Electric distributor for North America
847-255-1150
"If your playing more than 3 chords your just showing off"  John Lee Hooker