Author Topic: Innous Zen Mini III ripper/streamer  (Read 3969 times)

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Innous Zen Mini III ripper/streamer
« on: July 31, 2020, 04:43:26 PM »
I’ve had my Auralic Mini streamer and dedicated power supply for a few years now and it’s done a very good job of streaming. It has room onboard for a hard drive, but I’ve kept my music ....400+ CDs ... on a portable external drive connected to my Mac desktop.

I’ve heard the excellent comments from Charles, Triode Pete, Gary Dews (Border Patrol) and many others about the Innous products. I’m only interested in the Zen Mini III, mainly due to budget reasons. I expect the streamer might be a bit better than my Auralic Mini, but the ripping capability is intriguing to me as well. I’ve been on a mission to downsize and keep getting rid of “stuff” and that includes all my albums and CDs.

Got on the Innous website the other day and looked at the quick start up guide for the Mini III and also a couple of videos on YouTube. I must say the design, simplicity and intuitive nature of the software is very good. I know that my CDs have a lot of tagging errors and they need to be fixed. I used one or two tagging programs over 10 years ago and they both made matters worse.

As Charles is an Innous dealer, I’ve been in contact with him about maybe getting one. It appears my power supply would work on it as well. The only thing I don’t like about it is it’s not wireless capable.

If anyone has used any Innous products, i’d appreciate your comments, especially on the ripping/tagging aspect.

Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline bmr3hc

• Certifiable
Re: Innous Zen Mini III ripper/streamer
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 05:19:14 PM »
Nick

I am considering the Innous Zen Mini III. Did you purchase the Innous Zen Mini? If so what are your thoughts? If not why not?

Henry

AMR Dac DP-777
Music Reference Tube Amp RM-9 mk2
PS Audio P15 Regenerator
Ifi IUSB 3.0
Quad 2805
REL S3

I’ve had my Auralic Mini streamer and dedicated power supply for a few years now and it’s done a very good job of streaming. It has room onboard for a hard drive, but I’ve kept my music ....400+ CDs ... on a portable external drive connected to my Mac desktop.

I’ve heard the excellent comments from Charles, Triode Pete, Gary Dews (Border Patrol) and many others about the Innous products. I’m only interested in the Zen Mini III, mainly due to budget reasons. I expect the streamer might be a bit better than my Auralic Mini, but the ripping capability is intriguing to me as well. I’ve been on a mission to downsize and keep getting rid of “stuff” and that includes all my albums and CDs.

Got on the Innous website the other day and looked at the quick start up guide for the Mini III and also a couple of videos on YouTube. I must say the design, simplicity and intuitive nature of the software is very good. I know that my CDs have a lot of tagging errors and they need to be fixed. I used one or two tagging programs over 10 years ago and they both made matters worse.

As Charles is an Innous dealer, I’ve been in contact with him about maybe getting one. It appears my power supply would work on it as well. The only thing I don’t like about it is it’s not wireless capable.

If anyone has used any Innous products, i’d appreciate your comments, especially on the ripping/tagging aspect.

Nick
[/quote]
"If music be the food of love, play on."  Shakespeare

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 06:00:23 PM »
Nick

I am considering the Innous Zen Mini III. Did you purchase the Innous Zen Mini? If so what are your thoughts? If not why not?

Henry

AMR Dac DP-777
Music Reference Tube Amp RM-9 mk2
PS Audio P15 Regenerator
Ifi IUSB 3.0
Quad 2805
REL S3

Nick
[/quote]

Henry,
I did not buy it. Am watching my cash flow right now. I did a lot of research and it does seem like it’s an excellent product and a good value. I like the tagging methodology as well and my dedicated power supply would work with it also.
If I change my mind, it would still be my choice.
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 12:33:14 PM »
  Well Innous is still Kink ni streaming. With the addition of the Innous Phoenix re-clocking unit even better. Amazing product.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.