Author Topic: PIAUDIO DIGIBUSS  (Read 62521 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
PIAUDIO DIGIBUSS
« on: December 21, 2015, 12:20:44 PM »
   The latest from Guru Dave of PIAudio. Where has this been all my life. So natural ans analog sounding my CDP plugged into this.
    Yes I sell them and proud to do so. Retail is $350 ea. Another no-brainer from PIAudio.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
PIAUDIO DIGIBUSS
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 12:23:57 PM »
    A special conditioner to rid ALL digital nasties from your system. 6 outlets for computer, DAC, etc.
    Rollo Group offers in house demo in the NY Tri-State area. PM me here for a  demo. You will be glad you did.
  It is a black box so no photo now.

charles
rollo group audio
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
Re: PIAUDIO DIGIBUSS
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 12:44:21 PM »
I've got a DigiBuss and had a bit of an epiphany with it...

I started it out plugged between wall and UberBuss on my big rig.  I think it relaxed things a bit, but to be honest, the Uber was already doing a very nice job.

I remember Dave saying that a lot of noise on the line is due to computers and all those SMPS wall warts and the like.   So I moved the DigiBuss to my computer room (opposite side of the house) and centralized as much of my digital toys there along with running my computer, hard drives, and what not through it.

I thought it made a noticeable improvement in listening to computer audio (PC -> USB -> ifi Micro -> either headphones or Audioengine A2s.   So I just left it there and contemplated whether I should ask Santa for another one to put back in the big rig.     

That was a couple weeks ago.  Here's where it gets interesting... I realized I'd been having a string of "great sound" nights listening to the big rig and wondered if the DigiBuss on the computer where my music was being streamed could be playing a role in that.  So, like any good audiogeek, I pulled the DigiBuss out over the weekend.  Damned if the big rig didn't sound worse last night.  Now, sure, that is what I was anticipating and I did have a couple glasses of scotch (which normally helps the SQ but not last night).

I need to play with it more to see if I can isolate what's going on.  Of course, the digital thingees in my house are multiplying at an alarming rate and my fear is that I may need another 3 or 4 Digibusses to keep up.

Offline ejk

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 12:45:16 PM »
   A special conditioner to rid ALL digital nasties from your system. 6 outlets for computer, DAC, etc.
    Rollo Group offers in house demo in the NY Tri-State area. PM me here for a  demo. You will be glad you did.
  It is a black box so no photo now.

charles
rollo group audio

I guess this is just for digital components ? Can you use this for the rest of the system? I see on A/C guys are plugging this into the Uber Buss.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 12:51:28 PM by ejk »
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 06:33:21 AM »
  Yes recommended for digital only. What my customers tell me is they are getting more weight and jump factor plugging directly into an Uberbuss. A presence that just was not there before.
     PIAudio conditioners take serious time to break-in. at first the Digibuss will sound dull or warm. After a 24Hr burn -in a bit better. Full break-in occurs about 300 hours. Further improvements can be had with optional Furutech GTX series of duplex receptacles. The GTX-D Rhodium has exceptional tone and bass. The standard Pass & Seymor receptacles are just fine so not imperative to upgrade other than synergy. The Furutechs change tone a bit and may or may not fit your system.
    My personal Digibuss will have one Furutech, one Pass & Seymor and one yet to be named most likely a Voodoo Audio all copper.
    This way I can compare directly to better inform my customers.

charles

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 07:23:59 AM »
  Yes recommended for digital only. What my customers tell me is they are getting more weight and jump factor plugging directly into an Uberbuss. A presence that just was not there before.

Charles, I'm not clear on where you're customers are placing the DigiBuss... between wall and Uber or between Uber and digital components?

My experience with it between wall and Uber was just a slight improvement - a more relaxed presentation.  But admittedly, that's where I put it first and perhaps didn't give it enough time to burn in there.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 08:13:03 AM »

Charles, I'm not clear on where you're customers are placing the DigiBuss... between wall and Uber or between Uber and digital components?

My experience with it between wall and Uber was just a slight improvement - a more relaxed presentation.  But admittedly, that's where I put it first and perhaps didn't give it enough time to burn in there.

Between Uber and component. One would desire the power correction of the Uberbuss first then the Digibuss filtering. You gonna be happy.

charles

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 11:53:47 AM »

Between Uber and component. One would desire the power correction of the Uberbuss first then the Digibuss filtering. You gonna be happy.

charles

Charles, Thanks!  Already am happy.  Now it's just tinkering to find best place for it.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 01:09:37 PM »
   EEHHHHHHH !! Do you think your playing with the kids in the park here ?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumb:

merry merry
charles

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 03:47:43 PM »
Charles, I'm putting the DigiBuss between Uber and my Devialet tonight and see what happens. 

And, no, nobody's going to the park until I've had my fill of awesome tunes.  Maybe next year. :rofl: :rofl: 

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2015, 06:21:17 AM »
   That's the ticket.

charles

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2015, 01:39:24 PM »
First things first:  Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays everyone! We are in Portland OR with our daughters and families, presents are opened, pumpkin bread is eaten and oldest daughter Heather has the prime rib in the oven.  Life is good!

On to the DigiBUSS.

The Digi was designed as a bi-directional digital noise filter to KILL the digital nasties that are the rule not the exception these days.  iPhones, computers, power meter telemetry, kitchen appliances... everything has a chip or 9 insides anymore.  That is a bummer for most people.  It is also designed to be a better impedance match with SMPS than either wall supply or any of my BUSSes.  This is extremely important in the context of SQ.  This is particularly noticeable in soundstage dimensionality and timbre of acoustic instruments and the human voice (sibilance).

There are a couple of recommended ways to use a Digi.

I originally designed it to power all of the SMPS in my office/lab.  Even located at the opposite end of the house on the opposite branch circuit, I could hear the difference in SQ when all of the SMPS were on or off.  Sucked.  The second prototype solved the problem. 

Secondarily, it can be used as a standalone filter for a small system.  There is no PFC and it does contain an inductor, but the indicator is rated at 25A and the series resistance is < .001 ohm.

The primary audio function is to prevent digital hash from screwing with power supplies in a local system.  It will prevent RFI from polluting the PS of a digital source and/or DAC.  It will prevent the source and DAC from contaminating preamps, amps, crossovers... whatever.

Noise reduction begins at 120Hz.  100kHz is ~ -100dB down.  This frequency is where a majority of "digital filters" are at -3dB.  You can see why it is sooooooo quiet.  The 3 P&S 5362A Extra Hard Use Spec Grade are split into 2 outlets, each with its own filter for maximum noise reduction.  Choice of Furutech gold or rhodium plate inlets or a Neutrik powerCon input connector.  Standard finish is that adorable black textured finish that saves hundreds of $$$ in selling price.  Custom colors and enclosure materials are available.  Anything you can dream up I can do... you just need to be able to afford your dreams. :)

Additional and different receptacles are available, just inquire.

Mike C.,  for your system, plugging it into the Uber is definitely recommended.  Mike R.  No doubt that you are hearing the goodness of no hash.  What did you find out after you sobered up?   :rofl:  Then again, the best application is the one that sounds the best in YOUR system.  Please share your findings.  Inquiring minds want to know.

Let me know if ya'll have other questions.

Ho, ho, ho.............
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2015, 11:43:40 AM »
   Well after one week of burn-in it is still changing. However the bass, and dynamics are so much better. The top end needs more time like the Uberbuss.
   The Furutech rhodium duplex has a more natural presentation out of the box compared to the P&S. However not enough time on hand to tell.
   So far a quieter background with explosive dynamics. No Hi Fi sound from digital anymore. It is gone, gone and gone.
    Kudos Dave it is a winner.

charles

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2016, 11:28:35 PM »
   Well after one week of burn-in it is still changing. However the bass, and dynamics are so much better. The top end needs more time like the Uberbuss.
   The Furutech rhodium duplex has a more natural presentation out of the box compared to the P&S. However not enough time on hand to tell.
   So far a quieter background with explosive dynamics. No Hi Fi sound from digital anymore. It is gone, gone and gone.
    Kudos Dave it is a winner.

charles

Thanks, Charles for the nice review.  Breaking does take time.  The GTXD-R is a study in bipolar, paranoid schizophrenic audio gear.   Way weird to a a few weeks and then AWESOME.

Who knew?!?

Enjoy,

<><

D
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 07:19:24 AM »
  Found another use for this baby. You have wall warts ? If ya do then take a power strip plug them all in and plug into Digibuss and be very happy.
   Next up is trying with Arion class "D" amps.

charles