Author Topic: Guitar Amps  (Read 4624 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Guitar Amps
« on: September 08, 2011, 01:28:12 PM »
  Today my son came over to show mw his new Orange Guitar amp. A little amp with a 6" driver and digital amp of some kind.
  He played some music and the sound to my surprise was quite good. Excellent tonality with a realistic top end, however a bit thin overall compared to his tubed Ampeg.
  So Dad being Dad and an Audiophile first I went to get a Audio grade PC. For kicks we plugged it in and was taken back a bit to the improvement of tone, body and especially weight. My Son who is not an audiophile was making fun of Dad with his power cord.
   Bottom line he would not go home without it.  :) So which cord was it ? Triode Wire Labs 10ga. [
   So guitar players try one of your audio cords and be prepared for a good change.  As you are aware we sell these cords. So take this advice accordingly. We believe any of the audio Cords out there will improve your Guitar sound. An amp is an amp.

charles
SMA
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

evan1

Re: Guitar Amps
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 01:46:23 PM »
Could you imagine what would be if Chris had these years ago  :rofl:

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 02:38:33 PM »
Charles,
A friend of mine who's played electric guitar over 30 years tried one of my prototype 8 AWG cords on his Carvin EL34 amp this past winter... needless to say, he refused to give my prototype cord back...  :lol:

He said it made his amp quieter, more dynamic with better tone... with the emphasis on TONE, baby! He thought he might be imagining it, but had his wife confirm his sentiments... :thumb:

Getting ready for Hogg's rave,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

GT Audio Works

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 08:46:33 AM »
  Today my son came over to show mw his new Orange Guitar amp. A little amp with a 6" driver and digital amp of some kind.
  He played some music and the sound to my surprise was quite good. Excellent tonality with a realistic top end, however a bit thin overall compared to his tubed Ampeg.
  So Dad being Dad and an Audiophile first I went to get a Audio grade PC. For kicks we plugged it in and was taken back a bit to the improvement of tone, body and especially weight. My Son who is not an audiophile was making fun of Dad with his power cord.
   Bottom line he would not go home without it.  :) So which cord was it ? Triode Wire Labs 10ga. [
   So guitar players try one of your audio cords and be prepared for a good change.  As you are aware we sell these cords. So take this advice accordingly. We believe any of the audio Cords out there will improve your Guitar sound. An amp is an amp.

charles
SMA
Funny you should mention that Charles..my son is getting into guitar and has a crappy 10 watt s/s amp with a crappy 6" speaker. Being an audio nut.. I made him a speaker out of four 8" Peerless drivers in an open baffle....BIG improvement all around..we are looking for a small tube head amp to go with this 4x8 cab. There seems to be a few used options out there in the $200 range by Fender and Vox
using 12ax7's and 6v6 tubes.