Electro Stimulation Ward > Signals and Noise

What speaker cables are you using, what did they replace, and why?

(1/7) > >>

S Clark:
Been listening to cables for a few weeks.  Electra Cables, Straley Reality, Audioquest CV8, and Bolder.  There are clear differences. 
What's in your system, what did they replace, and why?

richidoo:
I replaced Anticables with JPS SuperConductor3. They have great resolution, great bass control, but the best attribute is they don't ring like copper cables. They use a conductor alloy that stops the ringing. They are silent, no ringing at all. The tone sounds richer and more intense, and I like the way the lack of ringing affects the music, and affects me when I listen. JPS makes budget cables too, like UltraConductor2. They all have the same non-ringing alloy conductor, pricier versions have more resolution and better bass response and bass control.

Nick B:

--- Quote from: richidoo on April 29, 2018, 08:49:51 PM ---I replaced Anticables with JPS SuperConductor3. They have great resolution, great bass control, but the best attribute is they don't ring like copper cables. They use a conductor alloy that stops the ringing. They are silent, no ringing at all. The tone sounds richer and more intense, and I like the way the lack of ringing affects the music, and affects me when I listen. JPS makes budget cables too, like UltraConductor2. They all have the same non-ringing alloy conductor, pricier versions have more resolution and better bass response and bass control.

--- End quote ---

Rich,
Can you elaborate on what constitutes ringing? How is that pereceived in the musical presentation?
Also, if copper “rings”, have you found that silver does the same?
Nick

Nick B:
I’m using Gary’s (aka gander) solid copper braided cables. They replaced the Straleys which I had and enjoyed for many years.

richidoo:
It's like reverb, but more subtle. It's inside the music, not laid on top like reverb. I think people think it's in the recording, the actual sound of the instrument. It's a sound we are all accustomed to, so we don't notice it until it's gone. I have read that silver also rings, but less noticeable, but this may be the cause of the silver fear many audiophiles have - too much detail, tizzy, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version