Systemic Development > Optometry Equipment

recommendations for a small lcd tv

(1/2) > >>

Nick B:
My big ..and old...Sharp LCD just died and can't be fixed for a reasonable amount. So I am taking an old CRT that my wife watches that's in her walk in closet. She watches it while she does her makeup.  Now she wants a new LCD to replace what I'm "borrowing" from her. She only needs an 18"" or 24" model. I'd like a good picture for her, but I really wouldn't want to spend more than $150
Any ideas?

rollo:
  A fan of Samsung here.

charles

sleepyguy24:
We have older Vizio 24" LCDs from 2008 around the house and they work well still. I had that capacitor problem with my Samsung LCD. Picture quality of the Vizio TVs is pretty good.

I saw this Vizio and it seemed ok. Open Box for $155 from Bestbuy would work for me.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vizio-e-series-24-class-23-5-8-diag--led-1080p-smart-hdtv-black/3729067.p?id=1219093273038&skuId=3729067

I'm not a fan of the smaller LG LCD TVs. Picture can be a bit too dark ime.

I have an older Dell LCD TV that doesn't have HDMI but has DVI and component inputs. If you live on Long Island and have $40 the TV is yours. It works with content up to 1080I. My wife never had an issue with picture quality of the Dell.

Nick B:
I'm still looking. We have Best Buy and good ol' Walmart. I'll check out the Saamsung and Vizios. I guess for the little bit of money that I want to spend, there's not much risk. If I were in your area, I'd buy that Dell. But I'm in Utah.......

rollo:
  Any purchase yet ?

charles

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version