Author Topic: March Rave at my house  (Read 51912 times)

Offline mfsoa

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: March Rave at my house
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2010, 06:55:50 PM »
Turning your back on a 30 page thread about a $175 amp kit?

Have you lost your mind, man??

How are you going to keep up with the times??  :roll:

It's your GTG, I see no reason why you can't decide where pics go, or even if you want pics at all.

Yeah, that Chris - My first Rave and he leaves his Timepieces for me - I was floored and have since had the pleasure of lugging and loaning gear myself.

I wouldn't sweat the AC thing - Look at the "Circle" of friends you have fostered over the years and it isn't hard to figure out what's important for the time we have here.

Mike - Are you interested in borrowing my VAC PA100/100? I can bring if you think you'll get a chance to use it over a month or two.

-Mike

Offline satfrat

• Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2010, 09:52:02 PM »
Well Mike, you already know how I feel and AN isn't the place to even be bringing it up imo so nuff said about it. I'm really gonna try and make this one, it's been way too long since I've made a RAVE. I'm starting to feel JoshK-like.  :duh Just kidding Josh.  :lol: Anyways Mike, if you'd like to try out some power conditioning in the form of my UberBuss, I can once again bring it for ya to try out on your system. But I won't bother if you're not interested, it's your choice.  :thumb: Please let me know if there's anything I can bring, OK? Slippers will be standard attire for me.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2010, 03:39:07 AM »
Robin,
Please no hard feelings, we will talk more about how things have changed when you are here, if you care to talk of such things. And I agree AN is not the place to discuss such things, I just posted that to let people know how I feel, and this is the only public format I can currently use.
I would love to try the Uber buss, I am interested in these sort of things right now.
You were right with the resonator! And the Alan Maher stuff.

Going to have a couple guys from Pittsburg in attendance as well, one of them designs dacs, so we can hear his dac as well.
I will try not to make any last minute changes to my system just before the rave :rofl:
I was hoping the weather would be a bit warmer and we could maybe hang outside for a while, maybe BBQ a little, but my BBG is still under the snow!

mike
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 03:40:52 AM by topround »
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Deton Nation

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2010, 07:44:15 AM »
Im a Mike M FanBoy! :)

Offline satfrat

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2010, 08:50:35 AM »

And you're in bed with the Bryston boys also you Bryston luvr.  :rofl:

Cheers,
Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

Offline satfrat

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2010, 08:54:20 AM »
Robin,
Please no hard feelings, we will talk more about how things have changed when you are here, if you care to talk of such things. And I agree AN is not the place to discuss such things, I just posted that to let people know how I feel, and this is the only public format I can currently use.
I would love to try the Uber buss, I am interested in these sort of things right now.
You were right with the resonator! And the Alan Maher stuff.

Going to have a couple guys from Pittsburg in attendance as well, one of them designs dacs, so we can hear his dac as well.
I will try not to make any last minute changes to my system just before the rave :rofl:
I was hoping the weather would be a bit warmer and we could maybe hang outside for a while, maybe BBQ a little, but my BBG is still under the snow!

mike

OK Mike, I'll try like hell to make this one and bring the UberBuss for everyone to hear. Maher isn't in the same league as a UberBuss  parallel filter conditioner, please don't even associate his name with mine. Thanks. See ya in 2.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2010, 09:18:23 AM »

And you're in bed with the Bryston boys also you Bryston luvr.  :rofl:

Cheers,
Robin

Fanboy whore :lol:
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2010, 09:21:27 AM »
All fanboys are welcome
we do not discriminate :lol:
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2010, 03:43:21 PM »

ME too! I'm a topround fanboy as well!
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2010, 03:48:56 PM »
I am a Mike M Fanbot too!

ME too! I'm a topround fanboy as well!

Offline Barry (NJ)

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2010, 06:43:51 PM »

I'm not the least bit surprised you LOVE yourself...
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

evan1

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2010, 03:33:00 AM »
I may get banned from A/C
Just call me Bottomround

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=77174.msg746572#new

Offline laserman

• Seeking Help
  • Ambiguous-Optimist
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2010, 02:43:48 PM »
Okay, since you "fanboys" took this thread off track, let me show you a GTG where audio was not a prerequisite.  Topround and his fanboy peeps go for audio top flight gear and this guy only has a table top unit....check out those speakers.  I imagine he looks the way he does even without a beverage or two.  It could set a whole new trend for future GTG’s.

(I borrowed this picture from an AA member without permission.)

A musically satisfying system is 50% the components and 50% you.  Until you have a handle on your own "inner sensibilities to sound and music," you are only dealing with half of the equation.

evan1

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2010, 02:56:50 PM »
Okay, since you "fanboys" took this thread off track, let me show you a GTG where audio was not a prerequisite.  Topround and his fanboy peeps go for audio top flight gear and this guy only has a table top unit....check out those speakers.  I imagine he looks the way he does even without a beverage or two.  It could set a whole new trend for future GTG’s.

(I borrowed this picture from an AA member without permission.)

I'm in .

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2010, 01:44:31 AM »
If there was high end audio gear in the background, I would have to say this was a foto from one of the MSS HIFI (aka the Pimps) little Saturday GTG's.

He knows the recipe for positive sales:

Semi naked girls
Booze
Cheap Prices
Semi Naked girls