Systemic Development > Headphones

Good buy on some Sennheiser HD650s from Amazon...

<< < (2/2)

djdube525:

--- Quote from: sleepyguy24 on June 29, 2017, 08:45:37 AM ---For my office set-up I've always liked the BeyerDynamic DT770 Closed back headphones.

--- End quote ---

That's the other closed back HP I'm considering. Do you have the 80 Ohm version? I've had a price watch on that one on camelcamelcamel... for some time, but it has yet to cross the threshold. It has come back down.

Happy with the DT770?

I have those velour earpads on some cheepy Panasonics (HTF600) and love the comfort...

sleepyguy24:
Hey dj

I actually have the DT 770 600 Ohm headphones. For some reason with the 80 Ohm DT770s there was noise I could hear but it could have been my Bravo tube amp I was using. With the DT 770 600 Ohms I used the Bellari HA 540 headphone amp and it was a wonderful pairing. I switched to the leather pads though. I got so lucky to score the DT770 600 Ohms lightly used.

Guy 13:

--- Quote from: djdube525 on June 29, 2017, 08:16:43 AM ---I don't know why I'm waiting... I should be jumping all over this...

Massrop now has the Sennheiser 6XX (based on HD650) for $199... a couple days left or until they hit their 11.5K quantity...

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx

I wonder how the Schiit Fulla 2 would pair w/this for an office set-up off my mac, or would the Magni 2 be a better small office amp...
Or I just bide my time and make a bottlehead amp....

Open back for office is probably not ideal... but people rarely come in. I was thinking Oppo PM-3... but at 2x...

--- End quote ---

Hi djdube.
I have both Fulla 2 and HD650 and I like the sound.
Plenty of power to drive them.

Guy 13

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version