The Market > Group Buys, Groupons, and Tours

Altmann Group Buy?

(1/9) > >>

miklorsmith:
Charles has given me the go-ahead to gauge interest in a GB of his DAC and amp.  How many interested folks are out there?  Just as importantly, how should something like this get set up?  AN has done a couple of these so any advice would be helpful.

I may or may not be coordinating this.  My life is really crazy right now.  I think Rich said he might be able to, and since he's done it that might be a good idea.  If Charles needs me to do it for comfort factor then I will.

Carlman:
One thing to know is how much of a discount is Charles willing to do... That will factor heavily into how many are interested.  For instance, I'd be VERY interested in a 50% discount... but not at all if it were 10%...

John at BSC and Grover did a quantity to discount rate... so, the more people bought, the more the discount...

So, first I'd ask Charles if we had 3, 6, or 9 commitments, what would he do for a discount, that'd probably be the best way to start. 

Second, the rules of the GB have to be pretty concrete... and I've laid out most of them at the top of the Group Buy section...

That's my first thoughts on the matter...

richidoo:
I am serious about buying DAC and maybe amp. I have seen used version of these disappear quickly in the used market so I am not worried about it not working out. The excitement about them is spreading and there is a demand. The full prices are just slightly above what experienced practical audiophiles would think appropriate, considering everything about it other than the sound, which could be thought as a bargain. Lowering it significantly for a quantity order would push it into critical mass where a more people would bite. He has a large potential market in America, and this GB makes it easy for influential audiophiles in the community to buy the products and spread the word faster.

I am happy to administer the buy, and interface with Charles as needed. I can be very comfy :) Carl can receive the money by paypal. I can receive and distribute the booty.

Since the units (amp & DAC) cost roughly the same, perhaps he can create a discount structure for raw unit count. 3, 5, 10, 15. I would appreciate receiving a 35% discount at 15 units. That would make selling it (if necessary) easy and make it a no brainer for anyone with the cash to try it out. He would get a lot of exposure.

What about spreading the word about this? There have been posts about Altmann products on a few other forums and some of those people might try it and maybe even become welcome members of AN. Does word spread easily enough on its own or should we evangalize a little?  8)
Rich

stereofool:
I'd have to say that I would be pretty interested in this GB...he says while trying to tell himself NO, NO  :drool:!

bpape:
I might depending on timing.  My daughter's wedding is eating up most of my cash right now....

Bryan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version