The Market > Group Buys, Groupons, and Tours

Velodyne SMS-1 Group Buy

(1/2) > >>

bpape:
I have a friend who is becoming a Velodyne dealer.  Initial orders for Velodyne are not trivial.  In order to help him out, I've offered to facilitate a group buy on the Velodyne SMS-1.  The SMS-1 is the guts of the DD series of Velodyne subs without the servo amp.  It is an excellent step up from a BFD for subwoofer EQ, phase control, etc.  8 bands of parametric EQ, digital domain phase control, etc.  High pass crossover is fixed at 80hz but is left in the analog domain.

http://www.velodyne.com/velodyne/products/product.aspx?ID=15

Retail price is $750 plus shipping.  For this group buy, the price will be $499 including shipping in the continental U.S.  Anyone outside CONUS please contact me and we'll work out the additional shipping costs. 

There is no minimum order quantity to get this price and there are no additional discounts available at this time.  However, if someone is interested in any other Velodyne products, contact me for discounted pricing.

Email address for this group buy is Velo-SMS1-GB@audionervosa.com.  As per the AN Group Buy rules, please send email to this address with what you want.  Please include a contact email/phone number so we can take care of payment methods, shipping address, etc.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Bryan

Inscrutable:
Bryan,

I am in for one!  Maybe 2.

Guys, I have heard/seen this in action, and was thoroughly impressed.  Even in what was a very well set up and balanced room, it made a readily discernable difference.  A poor man's TacT ... though it only works up to 200 hz.  These routinely sell (fast) used at Agon for 550 to 600.

Regards,
Tim

bpape:
Sounds good. 

Yes, it only goes up to 200Hz but it's primarily designed for subwoofer use.  However, going up to 200 does allow a little EQ to deal with SBIR and other room anomolies on the mains IF you use it's internal xover.  Most guys just insert it in the sub/LFE loop between the processor/preamp and sub amp.

And just for clarity, these are coming from an authorized dealer and will have a full factory warranty.

Bryan

Carlman:
Cool deal!  Thanks, Bryan.

I'm waiting for cash flow to get a little better before I commit but I'm very interested. :)

-C

bobrex:
Jeez, my wife's gonna kill me if I do this!  Between the Black Sand and Grover buys and this I'm gonna blow my chances for that new TERES I was thinking about this fall.  Bad timing  :(

I thought the xover on the SMS was completely defeatable so that you could use it with an external xover?  I was thinking of using these on VMPS RM30s with the plate amp.  So I need to 280Hz+ xover point (that's where the plate amp xover works.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version