Electro Stimulation Ward > Signals and Noise

What you you think about switch boxes?

(1/3) > >>

S Clark:
I'm thinking about a Luxman switch box to run two tonearms to a phono pre... saving a phono pre and an interconnect.  Noise??

P.I.:

--- Quote from: S Clark on March 10, 2022, 01:10:23 PM ---I'm thinking about a Luxman switch box to run two tonearms to a phono pre... saving a phono pre and an interconnect.  Noise??

--- End quote ---
More than noise.  Even coin silver switches degrade the SQ.  Better to swap interconnects...

S Clark:

--- Quote from: P.I. on March 10, 2022, 05:26:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: S Clark on March 10, 2022, 01:10:23 PM ---I'm thinking about a Luxman switch box to run two tonearms to a phono pre... saving a phono pre and an interconnect.  Noise??

--- End quote ---
More than noise.  Even coin silver switches degrade the SQ.  Better to swap interconnects...

--- End quote ---
Thanks, Dave.  I feared that might be the case, and hoped you'd have an opinion.  Currently I have two tonearms in each of two systems... each with separate phono preamps and cabling.  I was hoping to simplify the mess.  :(

tmazz:
I have to agree with Dave on this one. An at the tonearm has to be the absolute worst place you could possibly put a switch. With the amount of gain used in a phono stage every little bit of noise and sound degradation would be amplified into a much bigger problem than in other parts of the system.

rollo:
   Stay switchless as suggested. No Bi TT  :rofl:

charles

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version