Systemic Development > Bipolar System Disorders

My Taket Batpro2 Super Tweeters Have Landed…

(1/2) > >>

James Edward:
I am/was looking to add that last bit of ‘air’ to a system I truly enjoy. I just installed them this morning before heading off to work. I’ll be listening and breaking in this weekend. These are controversial as to how they work; I will report my findings as I listen.
Taket Batpro2 is one of several out there- Townshend Maximum Supertweeter is another, at more than 2.5 times the price.
Sopranino is another, at a significantly higher premium.
Let’s see what happens…

StereoNut:
Space helmet on Captain Video!

Nick B:

--- Quote from: StereoNut on September 27, 2021, 03:20:27 PM ---Space helmet on Captain Video!

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the laugh! Haven’t seen the honeymooners in reruns in many years 😔

P.I.:

--- Quote from: doug s. on November 15, 2021, 04:20:47 PM ---any updates, james?  i have a pair of vintage pioneer ribbons that go out to 100khz, and are somewhere between 95-100db efficient.  but i've never tried them...

doug s.

--- End quote ---
The Panasonic/Technics leaf tweeters were extremely musical and very low distortion.  I used them for many years and wish I had never sold them.  They sounded best crossed over above 3.5KHz at at least 12dB/octeave.  the would make incredible supertweetrs in used properly.

If you don't want to use them, I'll buy them from you  :thumb:

P.I.:

--- Quote from: doug s. on November 16, 2021, 10:46:01 AM ---pi, i hang on to 'em because i have a horn set-up that i may actually put in the living room one day, and i now have the ability to use the tweeters, as i now can do an active 4-way x-over. and, these are the beryllium pioneers, not technics/panasonic.

but if you really want some; they're not that expensive - mine are either pt-r13a's or 14a's; i forget which; and they typically sell for $100-$200/pair.  (mine may only do 50khz?) the pt-r7's, which seem to be made specifically to be supertweeters, unlike like mine, which came in pioneer speakers, go for quite a bit more; but still somewhat affordable, at ~$500/pair.  there are others that are as expensive or more, depending on the series. (i'm not familiar with the technics/panasonic iterations.)

doug s.

--- Quote from: P.I. on November 15, 2021, 07:11:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: doug s. on November 15, 2021, 04:20:47 PM ---any updates, james?  i have a pair of vintage pioneer ribbons that go out to 100khz, and are somewhere between 95-100db efficient.  but i've never tried them...

doug s.

--- End quote ---
The Panasonic/Technics leaf tweeters were extremely musical and very low distortion.  I used them for many years and wish I had never sold them.  They sounded best crossed over above 3.5KHz at at least 12dB/octeave.  the would make incredible supertweetrs in used properly.

If you don't want to use them, I'll buy them from you  :thumb:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Ahhhh, I see.

I'll have to check them out.

Panasonic has made some incredible stuff in the past.  Sounds like you have a good plan there, Doug  :thumb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version