Author Topic: Pandora question  (Read 35620 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Pandora question
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2012, 04:20:19 PM »
I've heard about Spotify, but I didn't know they were 320k, that's worth trying if the music choices are as good as Pandora. $10/mo, yeah that's a little steep. But at least there is  substantial SQ improvement at 320.

djdube525

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2012, 04:01:27 AM »
I've heard about Spotify, but I didn't know they were 320k, that's worth trying if the music choices are as good as Pandora. $10/mo, yeah that's a little steep. But at least there is  substantial SQ improvement at 320.

Spotify has a much deeper catalog. With the free version, you're limited on how much you can stream per day, and you get ads galore. $4.99/mo gets you unlimited streaming... The $9.95/mo gets you the high quality across all devices (PC, iPhone, Sonos, SB, etc)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2012, 06:38:35 AM »
Thanks Dave. Having a mobile phone to listen to it all the time would make the price easier to swallow.

Offline satfrat

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2012, 11:06:28 AM »

Spotify has a much deeper catalog. With the free version, you're limited on how much you can stream per day, and you get ads galore. $4.99/mo gets you unlimited streaming... The $9.95/mo gets you the high quality across all devices (PC, iPhone, Sonos, SB, etc)

From Wikipedia, Pandora has 800,000 tracks while Spotify has 15 million tracks. Guess it pays to pay for play, both for quality and in quanity.  :drool:

Cheers,
Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners