Electro Stimulation Ward > Power Conditioning

An Uninterrupted Power Supply for your Audio system?

<< < (2/2)

Werd:

--- Quote from: rollo on January 29, 2016, 07:44:40 AM ---   What is wrong with unplugging ones system ? It only takes one hour to come back. The only component I leave on is the CDP.
    Actually leaving it on 24/7 will add magnetism to your stuff. That is why a demag disc or device is affective.
    Go to the Uber or other and pull the PC at IEC end. DONE no need to get anything. BRILLIANT unplug who would have thought.

charles

--- End quote ---

His complaint is while he is playing it. I un plug mine until the power comes back on after an outage.

sleepyguy24:
Evening everyone

Well after my last update Staples gave me 20% offer on anything in the store so I picked up an APC BX1500G and man oh man people weren't kidding about the love hate relationship with these things.

Love:

My entire system only consumes 300 watts of power at most so the unit won't be taxed heavily at all. I have more than enough time to turn the system off when the next blackout occurs.

No sound quality loss.

The quality build of the thing and how quiet it is.

Should voltage in my house somehow drop below 120v the APC will stabilize it to 120V. Right now my system is seeing 123 to 127 volts since the APC is plugged into my Topaz 1.8KvA isolation transformer.

Hate:

The outlets at the back were not made for aftermarket audio enthusiast power connectors. Even the smallest wattgate terminated plugs won't fit next to each other. So in order to plug my gear into the APC I have to buy a Power Distribution Unit or AC Distribution Unit that will plug into the APC. Right now I'm using my outdoor 14 AWG extension cords to plug my front end into the APC.

Also if anyone else has the bright idea to plug in their surge protector into the UPS here is what APC told me.

http://www.schneider-electric.us/support/index?page=content&country=US&lang=EN&locale=en_US&id=FA158852

Now If I plug any of my Class D amps into the APC and turn them on the APC wakes up, makes some noise and reads it as an "Event". It will return back to normal after but I just find that annoying. Should there ever be a problem in the future and the powers that be review the logs from the APC they will see many an "Event" and wonder what was going on.

Despite all the gripes I'm mostly happy with the APC as it is protecting my entire front end. I wish it could protect my Class D amps to but what can you do.

Werd:
This is the one I use.

http://www.apc.com/shop/ca/en/products/APC-Smart-UPS-1500VA-LCD-RM-2U-120V/P-SMT1500RM2U

jbtrio:
I use a Purepower 1500+ and love it. It's a regenerator and battery backup. It holds the voltage at 120 volts and converts AC to DC then back to clean AC. You could run it on battery power too.
Everything sounds better plugged into it even my amps with no loss of dynamics.

Excellent product but customer service isn't the best. Thank God it's reliable with no problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version