Author Topic: Who does DIY?  (Read 8017 times)

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Who does DIY?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 02:40:20 PM »

I like the idea of having a system that I made everything myself. It will be a while before I make a CDP or headphones,  but speakers, amps and preamps are on the to do list. Even if they suck, it is fun and cheap to try again and maybe learn something. 

Who else is interested in rolling your own?   What are you working on now?

I am working on acoustic treatments today, making folding room dividers with FG inside for soundproofing and to kill midrange echos.  I have a car stereo 4 channel chip amp soldered together, waiting to be put in the box and fired up. I have wood and plans for a new Feastrex cabinet from planet10, called Maiko 2, ready to start that later today. I tweak my preamp caps occasionally, and radio. My DIY wishlist is too long to write.

Rich
Hey Guys,I have soldered in replacement drivers and i am very mechanicaly inclined but i am color blind and i try to avoid doing electrical work because of it  :( i have asked mgalusha to upgrade my VTL monos with premium parts that were not available when the monos were originally manufactured.unfortunately the current state of the economy has me saving my most of expendable income in case of emergency.When the economy picks up i will be very happy to let Mike work his magic on the monos.thanks....WCW III
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Who does DIY?
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 05:31:57 AM »
Well I can attest to to Bob Ms' work. He modded an Art Dio for me several years ago. Still up and running at another members home. A major improvement over stock. His TT sounded good the last time I heard it. That was a long time ago and Bob has made some other mods and changes to his system since.
  He also made some interesting DACs along the way. Go Bob.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.