Author Topic: Schumann Resonators? Two Part Question  (Read 7118 times)

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Schumann Resonators? Two Part Question
« on: March 10, 2021, 12:41:28 PM »
Hi all. I’ve been intrigued by these devices, and considering their low cost, I’m going to try a couple. They seem to run anywhere from 15-100 bucks, and it seems cosmetics, not quality, determines the price difference. Anyone’s experience is appreciated.
Part two of my question, and the more important one- these all seem to run off of 5 volts- the standard USB power. I have scrupulously avoided having these chargers anywhere near my equipment- it’s been my experience that they generate a LOT of noise. Just play an am radio near one and you’ll hear what I mean. Are there less noisy ones available? I hate to introduce a problem where none exists, in order to introduce a new tweak...
I hope I’ve explained this properly.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 06:11:33 PM by James Edward »
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
Re: Schumann Resonators? Two Part Question
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 01:12:10 PM »
Take a look at the SlimQ 65 watt style USB A and USBC connector style very small chargers.  They have multiple output voltages (9V-20V) depending on device connected to the USB C port and 5VDC for the USB A port.  You can also run 2 devices at a time, so charge a phone and run the generator at the same time. 

These use the new GaN style devices that are both higher efficiency and higher frequency capable to make EMI noise filtering easier. 

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 05:47:11 PM »
I think the Schumann Resonators have come up before....maybe from Charles. Aren’t we talking about generating a wave at 7.83 hz and possibly creating a better, “friendlier”  environment for the sound in our listening environment to travel?

https://www.learning-mind.com/schumann-resonance-human-consciousness/
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 08:32:11 AM »
  Correct Nick.  To improve any one chosen { Acoustic Revive for me } add an iFi wall wart. Dead quiet. The Shuman resonator needs to be 5 ft off the floor for best results.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 10:58:50 PM »
Hi all. I’ve been intrigued by these devices, and considering their low cost, I’m going to try a couple. They seem to run anywhere from 15-100 bucks, and it seems cosmetics, not quality, determines the price difference. Anyone’s experience is appreciated.
Part two of my question, and the more important one- these all seem to run off of 5 volts- the standard USB power. I have scrupulously avoided having these chargers anywhere near my equipment- it’s been my experience that they generate a LOT of noise. Just play an am radio near one and you’ll hear what I mean. Are there less noisy ones available? I hate to introduce a problem where none exists, in order to introduce a new tweak...
I hope I’ve explained this properly.

Jim,
Did you ever buy these? I was reading quite a thread on Agon about the resonators. Quite interesting and mostly civil, but some guys can’t seemingly communicate in a decent, respectful way.
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline James Edward

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 04:45:25 PM »
No, nothing yet. Damn life intervened in my audio adventures! I’m still going to do it. As far as Audiogon, Freud would have a field day with a number of the maladjusted, narcissistic, and downright nasty people populating that forum.
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 05:49:36 PM »
No, nothing yet. Damn life intervened in my audio adventures! I’m still going to do it. As far as Audiogon, Freud would have a field day with a number of the maladjusted, narcissistic, and downright nasty people populating that forum.

Funny comment  :rofl I think he would indeed
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 08:51:39 PM »
:thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 08:06:09 AM »
:thumb:

Visited that site once and that was enough. Good call Jim. The Shuman resonator creates a relaxing calm in your room. A good thing. It also seems to manage the magnetic field to make a more cohesive sound stage. For me worth every penny. I have an extra Acoustic Revive available. Tom Maggorie is using it for the moment.

charles

Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2021, 11:34:08 AM »
I will relate an interesting story about very low frequencies.... Many years ago, I hurt my hip and was in severe pain. Nothing helped ease the pain. I had met a lady through ballroom dancing. I only knew her very casually. She became aware of my hip pain and mentioned that she was part of a pain study done at UCLA (which wasn’t published) ...probably in the mid 70s. To clarify, she was part of the research team doing the study.

While on the phone one time with her, she guided me through a step by step process on how to get into such a relaxed state that my pain literally disappeared. When I asked her more about it, she said that the body cannot experience pain below a certain threshold...let’s say 9 Hz. I believe this would be alpha brain waves. It was not an easy state for me to get into, and needless to say, I lost the instructions and lost contact with my friend.
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2021, 01:38:13 PM »
  Soup yet  ???

charles

Offline James Edward

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2021, 06:06:09 PM »
It’s going to be soup soon. I just posted that I added a pair of Taket Batpro2 super tweeters this morning, and  as I get used to what they are doing, the Schumann resonators will be added. I am tweaking a system I really like and know- in the past I’ve sometimes gone too quickly without paying enough attention to detail. Live and learn…
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline James Edward

Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2021, 10:22:06 AM »
It’s going to be soup soon. I just posted that I added a pair of Taket Batpro2 super tweeters this morning, and  as I get used to what they are doing, the Schumann resonators will be added. I am tweaking a system I really like and know- in the past I’ve sometimes gone too quickly without paying enough attention to detail. Live and learn…
It is so easy to get that cart in front of the horse.  Done it many times.

When I make a system change I'll live with it for a week or two and then go back to the former setup.  THAT is how you will know the "right" one.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe