Self Medicating > General DIY

contact enhansers

(1/3) > >>

shep:
I have this itch... anyone using? The last time I did was 25 years ago!!! "Tweak". I am thinking of that silver- loaded with an oil base. Can't think of the name. It's not from Crag I don't think. I think op amp pins would benefit and I know all other connections do.

shrinkmore:
I still like Caig's Pro Gold, which now has a new name.  I noticed that John said he used it on his power cables.  It definately improves the sound, and is not oily, greeezzzy or messy.

richidoo:
shep
you mean Walker SST?

mdconnelly:
There's also SilClear.   I've often been tempted to try this or Walker SST but, they're a bit expensive (particularly the newer Extreme SST).  Anyone else use these?

I do use ProGold (now Deoxit Gold) to good effect.

miklorsmith:
I have a can of SST and have used it all over the place.  I thought it improved the sound.  I've pretty much quit using it for tube pins, interconnects, ano other "hidden" places out of fear of what the stuff might do in 2, 5, 10 years.  

I wouldn't have any fears using it for spade speaker cable connections or other places where it could easily be cleaned.

That said, I haven't heard of anyone that suffered equipment failure from SST or its ilk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version