Author Topic: Hagerman Burn-In Generators  (Read 9086 times)

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Hagerman Burn-In Generators
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2020, 01:37:02 PM »
You know that "other" CD or DVD player that's been sitting in the corner of a closet somewhere gathering dust (and we all have one of those)? Use that one.  :clap:
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2020, 09:51:36 PM »
  Nothing if one wants to put lots of hours on the laser assembly. Only so many hours.

charles

I agree with you on there. that is why in the old days I kept a cheap CD player in the garage that was used only got break-in purposes. It didin't sound all too good at all, but it was good enough to use to put a CD on repeat for several days. And if it wore out or broke, oh well.

Nowadays I have gotten a bit more high tech and use my streamer to provide break in signals. If I just need music I make a Tidal playlist and put it on continuous repeat and if I want to use a break in track from one of those dedicated break in/demag discs I simply copy the tracks I want to use to a flash drive and play that on a continuous loop. Either way I am getting music with no moving parts to break or wear out.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2020, 08:59:23 AM »
You know that "other" CD or DVD player that's been sitting in the corner of a closet somewhere gathering dust (and we all have one of those)? Use that one.  :clap:

An alternative for sure. The Hagerman cost me $150 and can break in caps, components etc. A good deal had. Tom I use my server as well on random mix. The Hagerman offers more options thats all.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2020, 11:23:01 AM »
  Used it for first time. Listened before and after treatment. A big difference. I ran the process three times with 12 hours off in between. I would recommend the Hagerman to anyone.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2020, 09:43:31 PM »
  Used it for first time. Listened before and after treatment. A big difference. I ran the process three times with 12 hours off in between. I would recommend the Hagerman to anyone.

charles

You got a great deal, Charles. I sure like mine  :thumb:
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2020, 09:55:56 AM »
  Lucky me. Needed a break with this Covid BS.

charles