Author Topic: Whitney Houston, dead at age 48  (Read 2626 times)

Offline satfrat

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
Whitney Houston, dead at age 48
« on: February 11, 2012, 05:30:13 PM »
And at the eve of the Grammy's no less, read about it here.

Cheers,
Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Whitney Houston, dead at age 48
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 07:50:46 PM »
)~;
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline JBryan

• Seeking Help
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 06:21:48 AM »
Very sad...tragic ending.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 07:31:32 AM »
Greatest female singer of the modern age.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupsPg5H6aE

Offline Bunky

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 07:50:27 AM »
Greatest female singer of the modern age.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupsPg5H6aE
i agree Rich.she was so beautiful and talented when she was young and then came Bobby Brown.i think she thought that she could tame the bad boy in him but he just pulled her down to his level. drugs can do that  :duh very sad.
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 09:24:56 AM »
I think she wanted a bad boy and got more than she bargained for. He came from a different world and could handle it, but she couldn't.

That news story says she was to perform tonight at Clive Davis' pre-grammy party. I think the anxiety of fucking up again on youtube was too much. Maybe there was a surprise grammy appearance planned, which has miraculously been filled in at the last moment by Jennifer Hudson tribute to Whitney. You don't just stick that in on the day of the Grammys, or do you? Who did they cut? 

If she would just sing without the shit she would be successful enough, like any older singer passed her prime, and there are a  lot of them. But she held herself to a higher standard, the greatest singer since Ella, and she knew she could never do that again and took it personally. Her shame at pissing away such a talent caused insecurity and anxiety about performing in public without her full powers.

Clive Davis should have just left her alone to enjoy the royalty money, her child and her legacy, in peace.

Offline satfrat

• Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 09:52:52 AM »

Clive Davis should have just left her alone to enjoy the royalty money, her child and her legacy, in peace.

Don't leave out her reality show boytoy, Ray J.. Sad,,,,, poor Ray. J's "trippin" over the news.  :roll:

Cheers,
Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners