Author Topic: Interest in a G2G at my place on Saturday or Sunday, Nov. 22/23?  (Read 17324 times)

Offline hometheaterdoc

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Interest in a G2G at my place on Saturday or Sunday, Nov. 22/23?
« on: November 11, 2014, 07:34:10 AM »
Trying to gauge if anyone is interested in doing a G2G at my place on the 23rd or 24th?

I'm actually getting quite close on the darn website... so there's less reason to hide all this cool stuff from everyone anymore as a means of forcing me to finish the darn thing...

I'll try to keep the gear fairly constant and let folks switch back and forth on systems in different rooms rather than lug gear around.  But I know how we all are when we get going.  I'm sure there will be equipment swapping... heck I'm even going to talk about the swapping options in the next paragraph....

In the big room it will be the new Harbeth Super HL5 Plus model.  Primary DAC will be the PS Audio DirectStream, but there are others here to swap in and try.  Amplification will be AMR AM-777, Unison Research Unico 50, Unison Research Triode 25 with DAC, and my custom 6C33C tube amps.  Currently cabled with TelluriumQ Black Diamond cables and WyWires USB cable to DAC.  Not sure I can have my demo Wywires cables here and broken in on time for the date, but will try if folks are interested in swapping to see what it sounds like.  Subwoofers will hopefully be the REL Gibraltar G-2s if they get here in time.  Mine have been on backorder for a while now.  If not, I will have the Serie S and Serie T sub models here to use.

In the main living room with zero room treatments, I'll have the Harbeth Monitor 30.1s tethered to the Devialet 120 all in one box little wonder.  I'm purposely going to leave this system setup in the living room because I want folks to hear the Devialet with SAM processing engaged on the M30.1s in a less than ideal listening space...  it doesn't completely overcome a crappy room... but wow does it make the m30.1s sing like I didn't think possible... bass that literally shakes the walls and super duper cleaned up response that lets so much pitch, definition, and detail shine through.  I demoed this for a customer recently and his facial expressions were just priceless.  DAC, phono preamp, integrated amplifier, wireless streaming device, gorgeous remote, iOS & Android apps to control it from your phone or tablet, and all that technology inside. 

I'll put a couple headphone setups somewhere as well so that folks can listen to all the headphone goodies here if that is their preference.  But this get together will primarily be about 2 channel music setups.  I'll have another couple headphone listening parties right after Thanksgiving leading up to the holidays...  I'm going to try to time things though so I can have the Unison Research SH DAC/tube headphone amplifier prototype here at the same time so folks can see and touch that...  it's not far out from production, but not sure it will make it in time for this holiday shopping season...  I'm very excited about that one being the tube guy that I am :)

Weigh in if the dates would work for folks either via reply here, PM on here, or shoot me an email at sales at nightanddayaudio dot com if you would prefer to remain anonymous on the interwebs.

Thanks and I'm looking forward to seeing some of you again.  It's been too darn long!!
Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
Re: Interest in a G2G at my place on Saturday or Sunday, Nov. 22/23?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 07:41:46 AM »
Shane,

I would absolutely love to attend at G2G at your place. Unfortunately for me, I'm out of town that weekend or I would definitely be there.

As you know, my big interest is the Devialet and SAM.  But then, there's all your headphone goodies as well.  I'm loving my iFi Micro iDSD (thank you!) but that just has me now curious about the latest headphones as well.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 08:27:14 AM »
I'd like to come, see some real live audiophiles in the flesh, and see what you've been up to.
Either day is OK, so far.
Thanks,
Rich

Offline hometheaterdoc

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 03:46:46 PM »
Meet is officially on... Starts at 1PM... runs until the last person heads home (or until the wife gives them the stink eye enough at midnight so that they get the hint ;) hahaha)

2 channel focus... i will have Gibraltar subs from REL here... will start break-in and see if I can have them dialed in before the meet....

lots of stuff hopefully arriving at the last minute to allow me to wire this all up together and let folks play with different stuff. 

Please PM me or email if you plan to attend so I can get a feel for headcount... nothing worse than running out of munchies because of a rush of people at the last minute throwing things off with my party supply purchases....  don't expect gourmet, but there will be some vittles to munch on....

Shane Sangster

Offline richidoo

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 04:36:47 PM »
Which day, 22nd, 23rd or 24th?  ;)

You might wanna PM the regulars, I don't think they are watching AN as closely as we do.

Offline tmazz

• Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 09:27:06 PM »
We are looking at temperatures in NYC that will peak no higher than the low 40s and drop into the mid 20s every day for the rest of the week.  :roll:

I sure wish I could make it down there join you guys (this time for reasons over and above the usual comradery and audio fun.)   :dj:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline richidoo

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 04:33:46 AM »
It's cold as a witches tit this morning, we did have some 20s lows. But there is a warming trend ahead as this big front passed over us last night. Should be up to the normal 60s by the weekend.

Offline pumpkinman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 12:40:48 PM »
We are looking at temperatures in NYC that will peak no higher than the low 40s and drop into the mid 20s every day for the rest of the week.  :roll:

I sure wish I could make it down there join you guys (this time for reasons over and above the usual comradery and audio fun.)   :dj:

Was 23 here this morning and it never got past 28 for a high. it's Jan. weather in Nov.  :shock:
Because I am The Pumpkinking

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 12:41:34 PM »
You were a week late for me. I was down there a week ago but back in NY now. However ....... it is a possibility that I could be joining your little community in a year or so.
 :?:

Have a great time and post some pic's.

... and be thankful that you don't live in Buffalo today.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline hometheaterdoc

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 04:17:02 PM »
it's Saturday starting at 1PM... Sorry for any confusion...  Saturday seemed to work for most folks...  I can always risk my health and life and have it both days starting at 1PM if Sunday is more convenient for the AN guys :)

I'll send some PMs to the guys....  I should probably post something on the AC circle as well...

Shane Sangster

Offline stereofool

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 09:09:54 AM »
I will be there  :)!
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 11:06:54 AM »
I plan to be there.. not sure for how long or when exactly, but I'll drop in for a while.

I've been mainly listening to headphones... Using the iphone 6 and Onkyo HF to play my .flac files is divine.  I'm using Sennheiser Momentum-on-ear's... great 'phones.
I'm very happy with this combo... but am interested to hear the Urbanite's or the Momentum over-the-ear model.

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline hometheaterdoc

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 09:40:01 AM »
unless there is a big rush at the last minute, this should be a nice manageable sized group.  I let folks know on AC and head-fi about the event.  Since it was such last minute (and I still haven't finished the damn new website... hopefully before the end of the weekend if I keep making great progress like i have been this week!!), I didn't want to go all out on promotion expenses...

lots of folks would have preferred Sunday, especially the head-fiers...which is keeping the attendance numbers down to a great number for easy socialization and opportunities for listening in whatever location you want.... the feedback on day of meet will likely mean the headphone centric meet after thanksgiving will be on sunday...

I'm likely going to do chili as meal food (ultra mild for folks like me :) with spice additives/hot sauce off to the side for everyone else) to keep it easy, as well as the usual munchies (chips, dips, maybe some cheeses, sodas, maybe a cookie or two, etc.)  If you have specific dietary needs, please just bring something you like.  I'll have a couple adult beverages but that's not my focus these days with a 2 year old.  So if you want to have an adult beverage while here and a yeungling and/or my spirit cabinet doesn't work for you), please bring along something you like and/or want to share. 

If you've not responded to me yet via PM or email to say you are coming, please do so and you are more than welcome to attend.  Thanks!
Shane Sangster

Offline stereofool

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 03:08:18 PM »
Shane...are you at the same address?

Looking forward to seeing some of the 'gang', again!
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline richidoo

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 01:33:14 PM »
Thanks to Shane and Melissa for hosting today. Great to see everyone. Very interesting new gear, new ideas, new directions. Got me thinking. Looking FWD to the next time already.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 05:59:35 PM by richidoo »