Author Topic: Acoustic Sounds to discontinue their Super Hi-Rez Service  (Read 4005 times)

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
Acoustic Sounds to discontinue their Super Hi-Rez Service
« on: December 27, 2020, 09:55:12 PM »
I got an email this morning from Acoustic Sounds saying that the are going to stop selling hi res digital downloads as of the first of the year.

According to them several factors have led to this decision. Sales have declined markedly as more and more people turn to streaming and the Music Modernization Act of 2018 introduced fees and reporting requirements that have made this line of business more difficult for them to operate.

I am not sure if this will apply to all high res files or if they may still be able to offer high res files of things they offer through their Analogue Productions label since they already hold rights to those titles. I tried calling them to find out, but they were closed for the weekend . I will try on Monday and let you guys know what they say.

However this is somewhat of a silver lining to this, they are offering 20% on all downloads between now and 12/31.

So check out their catalog and get 'em while you still can.

https://store.acousticsounds.com/
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Acoustic Sounds to discontinue their Super Hi-Rez Service
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 11:34:33 AM »
Wow. I missed this post. We still have Blue Coast who actually records in high rez. Still love my shiny little discs the best unless DSD orig.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 11:49:54 AM »
It dos not have to be originally recorded in DSD as long as the first digital generation is DSD. An analog tape that is transfered directly to DSD level will be fine. What is not good is when something when the original source  is a lower bit rate digital file that is just format converted to DSD. Because no matter what bit rate your file is, it can never have more resolution than the original source.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 12:08:24 PM »
It dos not have to be originally recorded in DSD as long as the first digital generation is DSD. An analog tape that is transfered directly to DSD level will be fine. What is not good is when something when the original source  is a lower bit rate digital file that is just format converted to DSD. Because no matter what bit rate your file is, it can never have more resolution than the original source.

Agree 100%.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.