Author Topic: my topic/my neurosis  (Read 11136 times)

shep

my topic/my neurosis
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 02:16:20 AM »
I keep meaning to add this but since I can never spell her name right I abstained :shock: I think I have it right now: some of the absolutely best and most interesting pop (?) music I have ever heard is made by Mishell Ndengeocello.  (God what a pen twister). Not only that but the album I have (No2) is a stunning recording. When I got my new TLs I played it  from cold and the drivers bottomed out and  totally freaked. Now that they are well and truely broken in, they can handle the cavernous bass. GREAT music! Anyone else listening to this?

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
my topic/my neurosis
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2007, 06:03:16 AM »
FYI, I believe the correct spelling is Me'Shell NdegeOcello....
I haven't heard but in case you wanted to check her out, there you go!
I really enjoy listening to music.

shep

my topic/my neurosis
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 01:07:34 PM »
I found three dif. spellings of her name! great musician anyway you slice it.

lonewolfny42

my topic/my neurosis
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 01:09:16 AM »
Quote from: "shep"
There you are! I get kind of lost, switching back and forth. I ordered 7 cds. I get totally freaked out giving my credit card details and imagining my bank acct. suddenly empty :roll: They have an amazing stock. Things I never expected to see or had heard of. The Eric Gale cd was supposedly out of stock and unobtainable everywhere else. They have it. Logging in and ordering was blessedly simple. Now comes the waiting game. I'll share impressions of these discs when they arrive; Eric gale, leon russell, The Blue Nile, Nina Hagen, Neil Larsen, David Grisman quintet (fab. music/sound). Now I can sell some of my lps in peace!
So....they all arrived ok shep ?

shep

my topic/my neurosis
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 02:39:58 AM »
My you have a long memory! They did indeed. Well except for the Eric Gale album which refuses to surface from anywhere. I was disappointed by some of these albums. I guess my memory of years ago gave them a rosy tint! The best of the lot were the Neil Larsen, David Grisman and an ancient Ravi Shankar. I found someone interested to buy my whole lp collection here in France (which will help finance my Nervosa somewhat) and an AC member who will do a nice burn to cd of some of my favorite lp's, which I  have to send him (Gobberdude)

lonewolfny42

my topic/my neurosis
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2007, 10:26:43 PM »
My you have a long memory!
I'll have to worry when I start to forget.... :?
Concerning the sound...since those were older albums...just might be the cd recordings....not up to snuff.

shep

my topic/my neurosis
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2007, 12:16:19 AM »
I think you may be right. And for sure, exceptig the Neil Larson album, some were not the first time re-issue either. Some analogue to Dig. transfers go really well. The Leon Russel ones were so bad I gave them away. I noticed on AC about re-issuing, remastering some great "old" LP's (Joni Mitchel, Steely Dan etc.) to vinyl! This has got to be the final insult anf ultimate irony. Remember having to pay a fortune for Jap. Pressings and M. Fidelity and "Virgin vinyl" and 180 gram pressings? So they are doing it again and those of us who gave up analogue rigs don't even get a cd version!? The best I ever heard (I think) were from JVC.