Author Topic: i broke down-and bought some new speakers  (Read 21772 times)

rosconey

i broke down-and bought some new speakers
« on: January 11, 2008, 03:25:48 AM »
talked to klaus  last night-he has a pair of syren cabinets he had made for the rmaf show,quartered birds eye maple(sides have 4 sheets with the grain turned)-he says they look awesome :drool:- and he is going to put the crossover and drivers from the lorelli's inside-

so now im saving up some george :rofl:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 12:02:00 PM by rosconey »

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: i broke down-and bought some new speakers
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 03:40:48 PM »
Sounds awesome!! Let us know how you like them, and post some pics too!
Rich

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 04:38:13 PM »
talked to klaus  last night-he has a pair of syren cabinets he had made for the rmaf show,quartered birds eye maple(sides have 4 sheets with the grain turned)-he says they look awesome :drool:- and he is going to put the crossover and drivers from the lorelli's inside-

so now im saving up some george :rofl:
Good for you Rosconey! The crossover from the Lorelei's is a Beast and you are going to love how those Scanspeak drivers sound :beer:
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

rosconey

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 07:21:39 AM »
talked to the big guy last night- these may ship next week if he gets the time this weekend to build them :drool:

miklorsmith

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 07:28:33 AM »
Now, time for the delicious and agonizing wait.  They'll be sweet! :beer:

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 09:19:32 AM »
When you get them, try setting them up the way Klaus does.  WAY far apart and very nearfield with not a lot of toe in.  It's amazing what they do.  May not be to your final liking but it's a very interesting presentation.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 07:41:52 AM »
When you get them, try setting them up the way Klaus does.  WAY far apart and very nearfield with not a lot of toe in.  It's amazing what they do.  May not be to your final liking but it's a very interesting presentation.

Bryan

Good advice Bryan. Huge soundstage with no hole in middle. It makes sense to buy the speakers mated to the amps. Good luck.

rollo
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

rosconey

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 05:40:03 PM »
i basically have my speakers set  up like that now-

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 05:56:35 PM »
i basically have my speakers set  up like that now-
Me too  ;)
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

rosconey

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 03:11:52 PM »
well fedex says saturday delivery :drool:

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 07:00:56 AM »
well fedex says saturday delivery :drool:

The beer is chilling, the delivery truck rolling, the room is ready its coming arond the mountain. The Nervosa is beginning to set in. Hang in there one more day baby one more day. ENJOY

rollo
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

rosconey

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 08:14:59 AM »
quit drinking in 96-

pepsi is chillin :roll:

rosconey

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 11:06:02 AM »
this wait is killing me-and to top it off-1 speaker says loaded for delivery and the other just says its at the liverpool warehouse location- with my luck 1 speaker shows up today and 1 monday--

and i guess they deliver till 8pm -man its going to be a long day

rosconey

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 09:47:42 AM »
well if you read my-is this the right place to swear thread- you last remember fedex had my speakers hostage with a wrong address-after 3 calls by me and 2 more from klaus-we were both assured the situation was fixed-

well if anyone has ever dealt with fedex you would know enough to get a bad feeling in the bottom of your stomach when they say stuff like that-

speakers were to be held for pickup- so while online this am i do a quick look at fedex-says on the truck for delivery-so i call and am told that cant be right but since they arent open yet call back after 8-it was 7:45-

screw that- i start up the truck and take a ride to the warehouse,find out packages for my address are on hold -but the address on the speakers wasnt changed-so they were loaded-

driver didnt leave yet -but they just had to be the first things he put on-so he had to unload most of a 1/2full truck-

but dammit i  finally have them in hand--

Offline spudco

• Seeking Help
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 11:43:46 AM »
Everything really is broken beyond repair...

I sure hope you can forget the world and enjoy the new members of your household.