Author Topic: new member CVega  (Read 5757 times)

Offline CVega

• Seeking Help
Re: new member CVega
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2018, 07:28:55 AM »
Glad to hear that things are getting back to normal for you. I have a buddy down in PR who is still without basic utility services.

Thank you for your comment. I’m deeply sorry for your friend. Unfortunately, there still a lot of people without potable water and electricity. It’s very tough !!.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2018, 08:17:41 AM »
Cesar,
How do you like the MMG speakers? Do you use a subwoofer with them?

Offline CVega

• Seeking Help
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2018, 08:32:14 AM »
Cesar,
How do you like the MMG speakers? Do you use a subwoofer with them?

I love them... I do not use a subwoofer because the majority of music I enjoy, jazz trios and quartets, and classical ensembles I have not found the need for additional bass. True, when I want to hear Led Zeppelin or a symphony with a robust movement, I use my Merlins TSM. The image and the midrange obtained with the Maggies is to die for. What makes great the MMG is the performance to cost ratio. It’s hard to find a loudspeaker that gives as much as the MMG’s for $699. It’s my humble opinion based on my limited experience and small listening room.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2018, 12:16:59 PM »
Your comments match what I've read over the years. I hope to get the chance to play with them in the future.

Are the MMG (with less bass) as difficult to find proper room placement as the larger Maggies? Thanks

Offline CVega

• Seeking Help
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2018, 12:24:31 PM »
Your comments match what I've read over the years. I hope to get the chance to play with them in the future.

Are the MMG (with less bass) as difficult to find proper room placement as the larger Maggies? Thanks

Well, they are the “easier” to place when compared to other Maggies, but you have to work a little more than conventional speakers. Remember two things, Maggies with respect to the lower frequencies act like bass reflex loudspeakers because the panels do have rear “ radiation”. Also,  the tweeters are a vertical ribbon. Therefore, the tweeters can be positioned towards the center or outside,  as you like. Also, you can raise them with the proper stands,  and tilt backwards or forward. So there are quite a few iterations to explore before deciding on a final position. Check the different forums, there is plenty of information and help available.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 12:27:56 PM by CVega »

Offline richidoo

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2018, 03:32:41 PM »
Thanks Cesar