Author Topic: Transatlantic - who wants to go?  (Read 8894 times)

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Transatlantic - who wants to go?
« on: October 16, 2013, 07:51:22 AM »
I need someone to come with me to this show in NYC on Sunday Feb 9th 2014. This is modern prog rock royalty. Any takers? Tickets go on sale this Friday 10/18.

An Evening with
Transatlantic

Neal Morse, Mike Portnoy, Roine Stolt, Pete Trewavas
+ Sp. Guest Daniel Gildenlow

Sunday, February 9, 2014
Highline Ballroom
Doors 5pm, Show 7pm

Tickets on sale Friday 10/18 @ Noon

Transatlantic is comprised of band leaders and virtuoso level musicians all with monstrous achievements of their own:

Mike Portnoy (USA) drums, vocals – Founding member of prog-metal icons Dream Theater. His incredible drumming and flamboyant stage presence helped propel them from relative obscurity to (arguably) the biggest act in modern progressive music today. Considered by many to be the “best drummer on the planet”, he graced the cover of the last issue of Modern Drummer magazine.

Neal Morse (USA) keys, guitar, lead vocals – First known as the founder and creative center of the prog band “Spock’s Beard”, he has gone on to record 7 solo full band progressive rock studio albums since leaving the SB, and has collaborated with Mike on many projects besides Transatlantic (Flying Colors, Yellow Matter Custard…). Considered by many to be the most prolific writer in prog music, his ability to weave catchy melodies into complex song structures is unmatched.

Roine Stolt (Sweden) lead guitar, vocals – Considered to be a pioneer in Swedish prog music, he was the founder and primary composer for the world renowned Flower Kings. He is known for his incredible tone and ability to play guitar solos ranging from “blistering” to “bluesy”, he is well respected in the music world.

Pete Trewavas (UK) bass guitar, vocals - Probably best known as the bassist for Marillion, he has also been a member of Edison’s Children and founder of the band Kino.

Daniel Gildenlow (Sweden) guitar, keys, vocals and various percussive devices – Daniel is a member of the LIVE version of Transatlantic only. But his reputation as the founder and creative center of the prog/metal band Pain of Salvation allows him to stand shoulder to shoulder with the rest of the band, filling out the immense sound spectrum of their live shows.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline JBryan

• Seeking Help
Re: Transatlantic - who wants to go?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 03:34:20 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Bob! Would love to see these guys again... saw them at NEARfest years ago (the last time they toured, IIRC) and they were one of the highlights of the weekend along side heavy hitters like Happy the Man, DFA, Iluvatar, Anekdoten and the Par Lihn Project. Certainly one of the most memorable NEARfests I attended - and I went to all of 'em.

February is ways off and the show just happens to fall on the same weekend as my wife's birthday so I'll have to play it by ear. Pretty sure they'll sell out quickly though...decisions, decisions...

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Transatlantic - who wants to go?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 09:05:49 AM »
Looks like Bill Campanella will be joining me. Going to pick up AMEX pre-sale tix today, either VIP floor ($70) or VIP balcony ($65) seating. I'm too old to stand in the mosh pit on the floor.

PM me if you plan to attend and we can hook up before the show.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.