Author Topic: Brandy in Perth  (Read 3823 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Brandy in Perth
« on: August 22, 2013, 06:03:52 AM »

http://www.perthnow.com.au/entertainment/music/brandy-humiliated-by-playing-to-crowd-of-just-40-people-in-90000-capacity-stadium/story-fnhofkpw-1226702196482

Granted, nobody knew she would perform after the game, so they all left.  But I have 3 observations:

1. Who did SHE hire for promotion? Who did SHE hire for manager who advised this promoter?

2. If it was Beyonce or Bieber or Dion or name a dozen other real stars everyone in Perth would have known about it and they would have stayed all night.

3. She couldn't finish the concert for the 40 true fans that stayed to see her? Embarrassed by the small crowd?  As a musician who has played all night for audiences far smaller than 40, that really rubs me wrong. A little humility goes a long way. If she had played 3 hours for those 40 people, imagine what great PR she would have now.

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Brandy in Perth
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 03:41:47 PM »
I saw that article as well and just couldn't help but think WTF? Brandy could have done a close to full set but just only 3 songs. I guess she still thinks that it is the mid 90s and she is still a big star who should be performing in big full venues.

Offline Rocket

• Certifiable
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 08:28:07 PM »
Hi Rich,

I'm surprised you saw this post and  I think she was actually in South Africa and don't think she was ever in Perth.  She appears to need a better promoter or manager to avoid embarrassing situations like this for sure.

Cheers Rod

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 06:44:37 AM »
Thanks Rod, you are right, it was South Africa, not Australia! Sorry!  The story was published by Perth newspaper. duh.