Author Topic: NRPS Lives !!  (Read 4054 times)

Offline Inscrutable

• Certifiable
NRPS Lives !!
« on: June 10, 2007, 08:23:52 PM »
One of my favorite bands from the late 60's and early 70's - The New Riders of the Purple Sage - have reformed and are touring.  They'll be at the Lincoln Theater June 22.  Original David Nelson (lead vocals and guitar) and long-timer Buddy Cage (pedal steel when Jerry Garcia was busy and after he left) are with them, along with Michael Falzarano from Hot Tuna.

Why the he*&^ do all these have to be right after surgery  >:(   I hope there is a wheelchair section ... probably won't be an appropriate smoking section  ;)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: NRPS Lives !!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 06:39:26 AM »
Tim, wheelchairs are downstairs, but you can get in first before the sardine packing begins. Go pee before the show. Last show we were there a wheelchair next to us took about 15 minutes to plow through the 'idol' struck crowd.  Smoking is upstairs on the balcony, dunno if there is an elevator?
My fav spot is downstairs behind the first wall in the middle. There's ramps to get there, enter the hall on the right aisle.

Rich

Offline Inscrutable

• Certifiable
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 04:26:21 PM »
Rich, I am fairly confident they will not have the kind of smoking section to which I am referring ... at least not explicitly designated  ;)

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 04:13:36 AM »
 ;D ;D  Where's the ROTFL smiley when you need it!?

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

shrinkmore

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 04:54:35 AM »
ROTFL?  Shirly, I respect your posts as much as any, but oy, the acronyms leave me wondering ???

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 06:20:30 AM »
Roll on the floor laughing   

Where's shep's acronym dictionary?

Offline Inscrutable

• Certifiable
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 05:47:48 PM »
Well, the good and bad news is they are STILL not ready to operate, so I am ambulatory Friday night!  Anyone else heading to this show?