Author Topic: Psychedelic Furs & Tom Tom Club Wellmont Theater 10/9/2011...  (Read 2631 times)

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
Psychedelic Furs & Tom Tom Club Wellmont Theater 10/9/2011...
« on: October 11, 2011, 06:17:11 PM »
Took my daughter to the show (wife didn't want to go) and I'm really glad I went!

The Tom Tom Club was alright, but I think Tina and Victoria would have looked better in snug jeans and nice blouses than the Mini-Dresses they wore. At some point you've got to dress your age. But they performed well and sounded good.

The Furs put on a fantastic show! They've held up well and their music has too. Since their songs are social commentary and not youthful boasting, they don't look or sound silly performing. The band was tight and sounded great. I wish they were playing in the area again soon, as I'd go again, but they're off to Europe. I'll be keeping tabs on them to see them again the next time they're performing in the area.
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Psychedelic Furs & Tom Tom Club Wellmont Theater 10/9/2011...
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 02:22:34 PM »
Saw The Furs again last week at an even smaller venue, The Tarrytown Music Hall. No opener this time just them, and again another great show. I don't think the sound was as good this time though, a little muddy, but that could have been my seats. Back in October I was 4th row Orchestra, this time I was 3rd row Balcony, and again it was a different venue, but still very much worth the $40.
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...