Author Topic: Adrian Belew power trio and Tony Levin's Stick Men Two of a Perfect Trio Tour  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Bunky

• Obsessively Audiophilic
first i watched both trios perform sets of thier original music at Ramshead on Stage in Annapolis Md on 9/22/2011 in a very small intimate venue.after a short break Adrian Belew,Tony Levin and Pat Mastelotto who are all King Crimson Alumni took to the stage as a trio and proceded to play three King Crimson songs and then they invited the rest of their musicians on stage to play seven more KC songs  :drool: the level of talent on the stage was insane.Tony Levin is very well known and in demand he has appeared on hundreds of recordings, Adrian Belew is one of the most talented guitarist's on the planet but seems to fly under the radar. if anyone here gets a chance to see this tour they are in for a real treat  :thumb:
Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best.
-- Frank Zappa

Offline rlmacklin

• Certifiable
I saw the similar show at Bijou Theater in Knoxville TN a week or two ago.

The Stick Men combo - Tony Levin on his "stick" and Marcus Reuter (from Innsbruck, Austria) playing his invention, the "touch guitar," with their drummer Pat - in some ways made more interesting avant garde music than the Adrian Belew power trio.

The combined forces doing King Crimson numbers was awesome.

Offline JBryan

• Seeking Help
My wife and I caught the Rams Head show too.... really enjoyed it. Tony & Co. did a short and a bit tame compared to the last time we saw them but the Power Trio's energy more than made up for it. Of course, the real treat was the King Crimson trio as Adrian described them. Excellent show!