Author Topic: Dave Matthews at Nassau Coliseum  (Read 2543 times)

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Dave Matthews at Nassau Coliseum
« on: November 01, 2010, 06:09:43 AM »
This Wednesday Nov 3rd. The wife and I are going to this one. I've always enjoyed their live shows that are broadcast on the Concert channel, so I'm really looking forward to seeing them first hand. I juist hope the sound at the Coliseum is as good as it was for The Wall, because usually the Coliseum has pretty lousy sonics.

Bob
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Dave Matthews at Nassau Coliseum
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 05:38:55 AM »
More than a little disappointed in this show. The sound in the Coliseum sucks big time. If I didn's already know the hooks on their songs I would have had a hard time hearing what they were playing.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 10:47:13 AM »
That sux, it's one of the reasons I don't go to see big acts any more. They play these huge venues where the sound is rarely any good, and usually to loud too.
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 10:10:51 PM »
That sux, it's one of the reasons I don't go to see big acts any more. They play these huge venues where the sound is rarely any good, and usually to loud too.

Yet the sound for the Roger Walters performance of "The Wall" was outstanding. So how much of it is the hall and how much of it is road crews that just don't know how to deal with the hall. I'm sure some venues are just easier to get good sound out of than others, but if one crew can do it they all should be able to do it, especially at the prices you have to pay to see top acts these days.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables