Author Topic: Julia Fischer  (Read 5407 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Julia Fischer
« on: June 02, 2009, 07:28:56 PM »
The world's greatest living violinist will perform for the first time in the Triangle in April 6, 2010 at Carolina Performing Arts, Memorial Hall at UNC. Best tickets will be about $75each.  You'll want to be up close.
http://www.carolinaperformingarts.org/performances/event.aspx?id=055ff562-3626-4f0c-a42e-b2115090ac89

Concert packs are on sale now if you buy 6 different shows. Individual shows go on sale July 13. But by the looks of the website they may be available now from boxoffice...

This hall is incredible acoustics, lots of hardwood cylindrical diffusion on stage and lots of old fashioned ornamental diffusive decoration in the hall.

She will stand onstage by herself with no accompaniment, playing Bach's complete Sonatas and Partitas for Solo Violin. That's 18 movements. She recorded this music on Pentatone, which along with the Russian Violin Concertos put her on top. Both records will melt your heart.

I saw here at Appalachia University last summer with local orchestra. It was a mind bender. Like seeing Charlie Parker or Tiger Woods, or some other larger than life hero.

Offline richidoo

Re: Julia Fischer
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 09:07:15 AM »
Individual tickets on sale today!

http://www.carolinaperformingarts.org/

I got 14th row, that's OK I will bring binoculars. hehe   :drool:

Also got tix for Lang Lang playing Prokofiev Concerto and Beethoven 7th Symphony, never heard that one live, add it to the collection...  and also LPO playing Revel Piano Concerto and Shostakovich 4th.

Now the hard part, 9 month wait.

Offline rlmacklin

• Certifiable
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 12:25:02 PM »
I called today at lunch and asked what frontmost centered tickets remained.
1st row was available/offered so I asked re best acoustics/visual.
"Katherine" indicated the stage floor is basically "eye level" from 1st row, so most folks
like to be 3 or 4 rows back. 
I asked re "centerest" available in that range and got a ticket for Row "E" (5th). 

Julia and violin on stage alone for Bach's "Sonatas and Partitas for Solo Violin"
This will be absolutely special   :drool:

Katherine asked how I had heard about the Julia Fischer performance in
North Carolina from over in Tennessee and I mentioned hearing of her Appy State/Boone NC
performance a year or two ago which I found out about the next day and had missed, etc.
I told her of a certain audio forum and finding another Julia Fischer fan who lives in Triangle area
and even told her of the wonderful Vivaldi "Four Seasons" DVD with young Julia on solo violin
as well as conducting the Academy of St. Martin-in-the-Fields ensemble at the
Botanical Gardens of Wales. [I strongly suggest tracking down a copy of the original DVD release of this one, as opposed to the recent BBC re-release (which seems to have drastically subdued colors compared to the original).

Offline richidoo

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 04:14:38 PM »
Alright! Glad you're going Roger. We'll have to meet up.  I'm in Row N, 29,30, I think.

Check out the stone alumni plaques in the stage right restroom alleyway during intermission.  There are some interesting ones there.   http://152.2.244.241/article.aspx?SID=3099

I sat in front row couple months ago to hear 4 seasons played by 4 member violinists with NC Symphony. The acoustics anywhere are excellent, even front row, because the whole rear, ceiling and sides of the stage are huge wooden cylindrical diffusors.  I was at that Appalacian concert. She played the Glazunov Concerto to perfection, it was a religious experience for me.  She was on the bus within one minute of finishing. All the little violin student groupies were crowding her dressing room hoping for an autograph. No luck.

Offline Lizard_king

• Certifiable
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 10:06:12 AM »
Julia Fischer is a good violinist yet Itzhak Perlman is the Best! He is playing up here in a few months.

The world's greatest living violinist will perform for the first time in the Triangle in April 6, 2010 at Carolina Performing Arts, Memorial Hall at UNC. Best tickets will be about $75each.  You'll want to be up close.
http://www.carolinaperformingarts.org/performances/event.aspx?id=055ff562-3626-4f0c-a42e-b2115090ac89

Concert packs are on sale now if you buy 6 different shows. Individual shows go on sale July 13. But by the looks of the website they may be available now from boxoffice...

This hall is incredible acoustics, lots of hardwood cylindrical diffusion on stage and lots of old fashioned ornamental diffusive decoration in the hall.

She will stand onstage by herself with no accompaniment, playing Bach's complete Sonatas and Partitas for Solo Violin. That's 18 movements. She recorded this music on Pentatone, which along with the Russian Violin Concertos put her on top. Both records will melt your heart.

I saw here at Appalachia University last summer with local orchestra. It was a mind bender. Like seeing Charlie Parker or Tiger Woods, or some other larger than life hero.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 10:30:15 AM »
Oh yeah, he's good too!! ;) Saw him with the symphony a few years ago. Incredible presence even tho we were sitting behind the stage.

But Julia looks better in a gown.  ;) 

There are so many great violinists in the world now, and many of them so young... it is a great time to love violin music. Julia is my favorite of those I have seen and heard on record, so far... I like the power and control she has, the sound of pure confidence and a technical miracle when she gets into the hard stuff.

Offline tmazz

• Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 09:43:12 PM »
I have to agree, Julia is much easier on the eyes.  aa

Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline richidoo

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 09:31:18 AM »
I got a letter today from the concert organizer. Julia has cancelled her whole US tour "due to a family concern."

I will pray for her and her family and her quick return to the US.

Offline tmazz

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 03:53:12 PM »
Bummer 

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline rlmacklin

• Certifiable
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 08:54:31 AM »
Not to get anyone's hopes up, but as of a moment ago,

here is the current US schedule still listed on

http://www.juliafischer.com:8080/schedule.jsp?type=concert

2010-03-22

20:00 cet  Rectital
Ted Mann, University of Minnesota (Schubert Club)
St. Paul, United States  Johann Sebastian Bach - Sonate Nr. 2 a-Moll BWV 1003 für Violine solo
Johann Sebastian Bach - Sonate Nr. 3 C-Dur BWV 1005 für Violine solo
Johann Sebastian Bach - Sonate Nr. 1 g-Moll BWV 1001 für Violine solo

$description$
 [Tickets]

2010-03-24

Rackham Auditorium
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States  Johann Sebastian Bach - Sonate Nr. 2 a-Moll BWV 1003 für Violine solo

$description$
 [Tickets]

2010-03-25

Rackham Auditorium
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States  Johann Sebastian Bach - Partita Nr. 1 h-Moll BWV 1002 für Violine solo
Johann Sebastian Bach - Partita Nr. 2 d-Moll BWV 1004 für Violine solo
Johann Sebastian Bach - Partita Nr. 3 E-Dur BWV 1006 für Violine solo

$description$
 [Tickets]

2010-03-28

15:00 cet  Rectital
Hertz Hall
Berkeley, CA, United States  Johann Sebastian Bach - Partita Nr. 1 h-Moll BWV 1002 für Violine solo

$description$
 [Tickets]

2010-03-29

19:30 cet  Rectital
Benaroya Hall
Seattle, WA, United States  Johann Sebastian Bach - Sonate Nr. 2 a-Moll BWV 1003 für Violine solo

$description$
 [Tickets]

2010-03-31

Carnegie Hall - Zankel Hall
New York, United States  Johann Sebastian Bach - Sonate Nr. 2 a-Moll BWV 1003 für Violine solo

$description$
 [Tickets]

2010-04-01

Carnegie Hall - Zankel Hall
New York, United States  Johann Sebastian Bach - Partita Nr. 1 h-Moll BWV 1002 für Violine solo

$description$
 [Tickets]

2010-04-03

Sixth & I Synagogue
Washington, DC, United States  Johann Sebastian Bach - Partita Nr. 1 h-Moll BWV 1002 für Violine solo

$description$
 [Tickets]

2010-04-06

University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC, United States  Johann Sebastian Bach - Partita Nr. 1 h-Moll BWV 1002 für Violine solo

$description$
 [Tickets]

Offline tmazz

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 11:17:00 AM »
Just looked on the Canegie Hall Box Office site and saw the following announcement:

Julia Fischer has, with great regret, cancelled her March 31 and April 1 concerts in Zankel Hall due to a family concern. These performances will not be rescheduled this season.

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline rlmacklin

• Certifiable
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 06:19:52 AM »
I also have now received the dreaded letter from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
re cancellation of Julia Fischer's tour due to a family concern...