Author Topic: Prairie Home Companion Show  (Read 2261 times)

Offline chrisa

• Seeking Help
Prairie Home Companion Show
« on: May 10, 2009, 04:11:54 AM »
Last night I attended the show at Durham's terrific new performing arts center. It was a great show in usual Garrison Keillor style. Smoothly run, funny and entertaining, with very good music from local artists Polecat Creek and Big Medicine as well as his regular crew of musicians.

It was a great show and I encourage catching the repeat this afternoon on WUNC radio.

Of course I couldn't help but notice the sonics. The instruments all sounded clean and wonderfull, as did Garrison Keillor's smooth baritone voice, but several of the other voices were somewhat bright and a bit shrill on the louder parts.   All I can conclude is their microphones were different or there was some overload going on.

Great bluegrass from Big Medicine, and fantastic vocal work from the female duo Polecat Creek. Check them out if you get a chance.

Chris

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Prairie Home Companion Show
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 06:29:14 AM »
This sounds like fun.. How would I go about attending another show like this?
-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 07:34:44 AM »
Carl, the Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC) is an awesome venue and really takes Durham up a few notches.   A lot of money is being pumped into this town and the DPAC is attracting a lot of big names.    Check out dpacnc.com

Offline tybee

• Seeking Help
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 11:01:42 AM »
I attended a recent Prairie Home Companion show here in Nashville at the Ryman.  Sam Bush and Brad Paisley were the headliners showing off their awesome picking.  My wife and I attended the late non radio show which permitted all of the performers to jam alittle more. Great show!