Author Topic: Rave on!  (Read 8425 times)

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Rave on!
« on: October 13, 2009, 05:40:06 AM »
I have a question for you guys.. I was wondering if you would like to have a new NY Ravers-only private section of the forum.  It'd be a sub-forum of this one.. or 'child-board' as it is technically called.  It'd be a place only other Rave members could see.  It could be a place for more 'spirited' discussions without the finger wagging from non-members and/or general public. 
The main NYAR forum would exist as it does now.. In fact, if you like the idea, just give me a name and I'll create it so you can see what I'm talking about.
-Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.

Deton Nation

Re: Rave on!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 06:30:50 AM »
Sounds good to me... ;)
Mike

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 07:20:26 AM »
A quote from the AC thread that I responded to: "There are way too many circles. Common ground is defeated by fences."

Now this is so freakin' true that I thought it was just understood by everyone. But perhaps not. I think that a private circle for the NY Audio Rave may be enhancing a type of exclusivity that is not in harmony with the rest of the AN site and not in the best interest of the overall goal of sharing information.

Maybe down the road if we have a real need for some privacy, but I don't think that our newly formed forum and newly joined members need to ostracize themselves from the general population this early in the process.

Now perhaps the creation of a private forum group that is only available and open to members who explicitely sign up and want to participate in it as part of their profile. Where posting lurid jokes and questionable pictures and discussing things like politics and such may be tolerated, because it is outside of the normal list of forums and only visited and seen by people who want to participate and post.

Personally I'm not sure I would participate much, if at all in such a circle (I avoid it at Audio Asylum), but others may feel differently, and the owners and decisioin makers here may not want to open that can of worms, because problems will inevitably ensue. Just a thought to be discussed though.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Mariusz

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 07:32:17 AM »
I have a question for you guys.. I was wondering if you would like to have a new NY Ravers-only private section of the forum.  It'd be a sub-forum of this one.. or 'child-board' as it is technically called.  It'd be a place only other Rave members could see.  It could be a place for more 'spirited' discussions without the finger wagging from non-members and/or general public. 
The main NYAR forum would exist as it does now.. In fact, if you like the idea, just give me a name and I'll create it so you can see what I'm talking about.
-Carl

It could work. I like that idea. :drool:

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 08:12:45 AM »
I'll be honest, I'm mainly looking to tuck in the anti-AC bitterness.. We have a no politics, no religion rule already.. and the whole AC thing is politics... I'm letting it slide so people can vent...
-C

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 10:11:47 AM »
Thanks Carl. It looks like it will be calming down soon, especially in light of the new AC proposal to reverse some of the policy decisions of the past, which is long in coming.

We all appreciate your patience. But look at the bright side, you've got a whole new batch of people on your site and more traffic this week than the last month  :D/

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 10:20:47 AM »
So you're speaking for the NYAR, Bob?  and patting me on the head at the same time? nice.  :roll:
We've got some pretty big plans for AN, if they all pan out, should be more fun than any other audio forum... we'll see. 

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 11:43:33 AM »
If the Ravers get their own private area, I MUST be allowed access.
I mean, who else is going to kick them in their collective 'nads, keep them in line and remind them what a bunch of panty-wastes they are?  :-P :twisted:
Go eat a big apple and chill out.

Just funnin' guys.  ;)

Bob

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 12:02:01 PM »
So you're speaking for the NYAR, Bob?  and patting me on the head at the same time? nice.  :roll:

Not even close. I couldn't even conceive of shutting down all those NY mouths  :lol:
But I think we all do appreciate your hospitality and willingness to work with us, and I think I CAN speak for everyone by saying that.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 02:33:41 PM »
The more I think about it.. providing a special private section might be seen as hiding something.. and that really isn't what I want. 
Thanks for your kind words, Bob..

-Carl

Ecramer

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2009, 03:08:35 PM »
Private NYAR, Don't need no Stinking NYAR section. Wouldn't want to derive anyone from the glorious Happenings in the NY Rave Circle.

Hopefully things will get back to some normalcy over at AC. I also am very interested in What Carlman has plans for AN Looking forward to seeing how both sites Grow and Mature.

ED

PhilNYC

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 05:09:57 AM »
I don't think a private area is necessary.  One of the points of the NYAR is to be open to everybody...

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 05:44:37 AM »
OK, I'll just delete this thread and forget about it..  I was just throwing it out there..
-C