Author Topic: Quietline filters by Audioprism  (Read 7556 times)

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
Re: Quietline filters by Audioprism
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2021, 07:12:53 AM »

However, I had a Quietline filter plugged into the same circuit as the TP Link and it "filtered" the digital signal... Removed it & all worked! LOL!

Cheers,
Pete

Hi Pete,

Were you joking when you commented about the TPLink?  I ask because I added one to my wireless extender (a Netgear) and suddenly I am getting dropouts in signal.  :?: :!:

I removed it, and the Internet works again! Can these things interfere with wi-fi and wired signals?

Anyway, I used one on the wireless extender, two more on an extension cord where all my LED lights are plugged into. I think it removed some vocal harshness  :-k

Paul

Hi Paul,
Not joking at all... the Quietline filters the noise, including the ethernet data (signals) in the AC line sent by the TP Link Powerline Adapters. When installed on the one circuit, my ethernet signal was blocked, and once removed, all was fine...

In my case, the wired ~ 48VDC ethernet DC signal was being filtered out on the 120VAC line... Great stuff transmitting DC over AC lines... You can transmit quite a bit over AC lines... phone, data, TV, etc...

Interesting, eh?

Cheers,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline malloy

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • no grave concern for repercussion
Re: Quietline filters by Audioprism
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2021, 09:26:57 PM »
Not joking at all... the Quietline filters the noise, including the ethernet data (signals) in the AC line sent by the TP Link Powerline Adapters. When installed on the one circuit, my ethernet signal was blocked, and once removed, all was fine...

In my case, the wired ~ 48VDC ethernet DC signal was being filtered out on the 120VAC line... Great stuff transmitting DC over AC lines... You can transmit quite a bit over AC lines... phone, data, TV, etc...

Interesting, eh?

Ah! Makes sense! DC ethernet signals ! I wonder if the PS Audio noise harvester would also 'kill' it? In my case, I am using a wireless extender, not the powerline kind, so I think it is the 5Ghz signal that is acting up. AT&T is not reliable.  :lol:

Paul