Group Therapy > NC Triangulation

April 1st: Carl's DAC comparison get together...

<< < (12/12)

Bigfish8:
Guys:

I am disappointed I was unable to make it to the G2G yesterday.  We did not get back to Raleigh until 6:30.  It sounds like I missed a really good time!

jianghai:
Yeah sounds like a great time, wish I could have been there!

djdube525:

--- Quote from: stereofool on April 02, 2012, 03:58:56 AM ---AMR: This is a great sounding DAC (non-oversampling setting)...very articulate, very wide soundstage, nice smooth sound, good performance across the audible spectrum. In it's oversampling mode...still sounded very good, but to my ears had a bit of 'digital' tizziness that would fatigue my ears, fairly quickly.

--- End quote ---

Phew... I wasn't the only one (digital tizziness). I thought I was going crazy. Well, I guess I still could be...  :lol:

Carlman:
I finally have everything back together in the soundroom... Now I can use everything again! woohoo!  I even hooked up an OTA digital HD tuner.  :)

I also swapped tubes from black plates to gray plates.  That cleaned up the bass a little and opened the upper mids a bit.  A little cleaner sounding overall in fact.  Would've been a better tube for comparing... but I ran out of time trying to get that sort of thing right.  The tubes I used were good, just not as good as the new ones. 

Ken and Jianghai, you missed a good time.  I enjoyed not being overly stressed about the comparison.  I had worried about it too much.  It was a lot more casual than I had planned which made it easier to enjoy. :)

-C

rollo:
  Very interesting findings men. Thanks. Sounds like all had a good time.

charles

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version