Author Topic: monos getting upgraded  (Read 18903 times)

rosconey

Re: monos getting upgraded
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2007, 02:26:14 PM »
my se's are blue boards also if i remember right- he also dimmed the heck out of the light-its hardly noticeable

Offline TomS

• Certifiable
  • Yeah, it's just a hobby...
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2007, 02:32:50 PM »
my se's are blue boards also if i remember right- he also dimmed the heck out of the light-its hardly noticeable

Mine are as well.  Love them!
PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp, Nagra Classic Amp, Focal Sopra No 2's, SVS SB16 Ultra

Wolfman

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2007, 04:37:30 PM »
Hey Guys,
By any chance did SantaKlaus mention what differences he thought the blue boards would bring over the reds? Anybody heard/compared both in S.E.s?

Well it had to happen...been a couple of years since Klaus got any of my money,I'm due,I quess. :D
Thanks.

Bigfish8

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2007, 04:53:03 PM »
Guys:

When you send SEs off to Klaus for upgrades, how long do you typically have to wait to get them back? 

Ken

Offline TomS

• Certifiable
  • Yeah, it's just a hobby...
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2007, 05:30:53 PM »
Well, that probably depends on a lot of things in Klaus's world...  but I think mine were only gone about 3 weeks upgrading from Mono Extremes to SE's.
PS Audio Directstream DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature Preamp, Nagra Classic Amp, Focal Sopra No 2's, SVS SB16 Ultra

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2007, 05:40:36 PM »
Welcome to AN, Wolfman!!! Thanks for posting. Not related to Lonewolf by any chance?? haha
Rich

Wolfman

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2007, 05:57:44 PM »
Thank you Richidoo.
No, not related at all and had I some sense I wouldn't have used a name so close to one of the most prolific and liked posters.   :duh

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2007, 08:46:53 PM »
We're all learning from the master everyday... haha 

Maybe we'll call you "Jack" for short - get it??

Welcome!

rosconey

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2007, 03:09:42 AM »

took a while to get my standard monos done because everything had to be replaced and i sent the day klaus went on vacation-

it was well worth the wait

Bigfish8

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 08:14:49 AM »
My Odyssey Monos (SEs) were built in May but have Red Boards.  I have gone back and reviewed threads on AC from that timeframe and it would seem the red boards were installed in quite a few on the Monos shipped around that time.  I take it from the previous post that the new Blue Boards make a significant improvement??  Something else to put on my wish list but it will be behind getting the Ultimate Power Supply for the S3.  By the way it would seem Wayne has discovered another improvement for the power supply :rofl:

Ken

Offline dangerbird

• Certifiable
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 03:54:55 PM »
My SE's were delivered in the spring of this year,,could someone educate me on the "blue" boards. TIA

Offline djbnh

• Certifiable
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2007, 04:09:37 PM »
Hey Guys,
By any chance did SantaKlaus mention what differences he thought the blue boards would bring over the reds? Anybody heard/compared both in S.E.s?
First there were the green boards, then red ones, now blue? I too would like to know what are the touted differences.
“If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”   C.S. Lewis

LKdog

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2007, 05:03:17 PM »
I got my new Mono Extremes (non SE) early this year from Klaus and they were red boards.

From what I can gather from Klaus he worked for quite awhile on getting the blue circuit boards to work as an SE upgrade and made a couple this summer for a few people. He was initially not sure if they would fit or work in the case or the design as they are thicker and different than the reds.

There was a lot of interest in them after the infamous guy from Canada created a big stink when selling his new SE blue board Mono Extremes after only having them a few weeks in July.

Klaus had a bunch of requests for them and began taking orders so he could order the blue boards and other special parts in bulk.

Klaus is considering making this SE version his top of the line model next year and offering it as part of his lineup-not just a custom design.
He states he feels they sound better than the redboard SE, but was not real specific.

I sent mine in for the upgrade two weeks ago. Not sure of ETA-sometime this month.

I did chat with the guy from Canada who had a regular red board SE Mono Extreme pair and the new maxed out SE Blue board version. He said they were like the regular SE's "on steroids" whatever that means.

I trust that Klaus feels they are a worthwhile upgrade from the Mono Extremes.
I have no idea how they would compare to the regular SE Mono Extremes.

He is excited about them and he really is gifted and based upon my experience with the regular Mono Extremes I went for it.

Will let people know. The only deficit I felt the regular Mono Extremes might have had was a bit of a lack of transparency.

I am guessing the SE in any version addresses that.