Author Topic: "Favorite Chinese Instrumentals" FIM SACD  (Read 3936 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
"Favorite Chinese Instrumentals" FIM SACD
« on: March 28, 2007, 12:46:39 PM »

I borrowed back a Christmas present I gave to a friend. It is Hybrid SACD called "Favorite Chinese Instrumentals" on First Impression Music label, FIMSACD037. It features the Jing Ying Soloists playing traditional Chinese instruments with such names as erhu, kuqin, zheng, pipa, etc.  :-k

I don't know what name goes with what sound, but it is a great sound, great music, very spiritual and inspiring and very well recorded. I listened to CD and SACD, usual differences in detail and sweetness improved slightly on SACD side. There is a slight background hiss to the recording, almost like tape hiss, but not quite as loud or as constant and even. Maybe a windy day at the studio? Maybe Ghengis Khan spirit in the studio? I dunno, but once the music starts, you can't hear it. The recording is crystal clear, fully extended in bass and treble has completely realistic dynamics, especially on percussion tracks.

This has a few tracks that could be thought of audiophile demonstration tracks because they are so dynamic and technically perfect. But the album is a whole collection and pieces flow together as one. At the end of the last track I feel sad that the journey through ancient China is over. I have played it everyday for 3 days now, it grows on me. The music is beautiful and emotional. I am now programmed for pentatonic scale. Need some Bud Powell to clear it out!

The company First Impression Music is owned by innovative audiophile Winston MA. I met him at RMAF. He is a nice fellow, and is very serious about his audio, and his products. This is my first impression  :)  and I am impressed. Check out other titles and audio accessories on FIM website:
http://www.fimpression.com/

His power outlets and plugs are supposed to be great too, but I haven't bought anything except this CD.
Rich

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: "Favorite Chinese Instrumentals" FIM SACD
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 03:55:45 PM »
The Wok!!!!!!

rollo
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.